Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

want to paint my brake calipers have the paint

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want to paint my brake calipers have the paint

Soo i bought a couple cans of red VHT caliper paint. I want them too look good for when i get my chrome C6's and new rotors & pads. Right now they have already been painted red by the previous owner but they are faded.If i do it the car will still be sitting in the garage till spring, should i do it now or wait and paint and put the new rotors and pads on say a week or a few days before i take her out ? Also when i paint the calipers should i take them completly off or would that be a pita ? Also if i should take them off instead of let them be attached to the lines, should i throw them in the oven and let the back after they have been painted ?
Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

I used a duplicolor kit it brushes on and it turned out really good and u don't have to worry about any over spray everywhere. It came with everything you needed. Iv had them done for about four months and look as good as the day i done them. I had enough left to do about ten more cars but my current car is a v6 also
Old 02-14-2012, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do it right, it shouldn't matter when you do it. However, if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow and bad weather in the winter it would make sense to wait until spring to paint the calipers. Good write-up if you need it for reference:

http://lsxreview.com/how-to-98-02-f-...inted-calipers
Old 02-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys. If i do paint them i could just do it before i put on my new rotors from brakemotive, soo if i get overspray allover the old rotors i wont care. will it be hard to cover up the rubber boot thats on the caliper ?