28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Difference between MT Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Difference between MT Tires

Can someone please explain the difference between the mickey thompson tires. I am looking at some 315 street tires for a H/C camaro. The tires I am looking at are the ET Streets, ET Street Radial, ET Street Radial ll. I am leaning towards the ET Streets.

*Edit* Ok looks like the ET Street doesnt really apply to me as I cant even find them in a 17" wheel. So its between the radial ll and the et street. MT is kind of confusing the way they list their tires.

Last edited by splitfinger09; 02-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

Et street is a bias ply more drag race orientated and good on an m6. The radial is a friendly street tire. The difference is sizes between both.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PAULZ98SS
Et street is a bias ply more drag race orientated and good on an m6. The radial is a friendly street tire. The difference is sizes between both.
Ok so the diff between the ET Street Radial and ET Street Radial ll is the ll is offered in diff sizes and the compound is the same?
Old 02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by splitfinger09
Ok so the diff between the ET Street Radial and ET Street Radial ll is the ll is offered in diff sizes and the compound is the same?
Paul is right.
IDK exactly whats the difference between the 2 radials but you need a radial for the street.
I have mt et street radials 275 40 17 on my ss. Excellent street/strip tire if you ask me
Old 02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Launching!

The ET Street is DOT approved. Would this be a bad choice for a non DD that only sees hot summer days?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I thought both radials were the same compound. Thought for a 17" was just the street and a II for an 18". The bias I wouldn't use for a dd.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

dot approved does not mean highway safe. get the radials, they'll hook for you.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

loser is right lol. Just because they are DOT approved dosent mean they are good street tires. They are excellent track tires though.
Like I said before...you need a radial. Looks like you have an ss. You got 17s? If so then get the ones I have.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by loser98
dot approved does not mean highway safe. get the radials, they'll hook for you.
Do you think they will hook just as well as the ET Streets on pavement? Remember this is on a non DD that only sees summer driving.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

the et streets are the best hooking but wont last you very long. They are not made for street use dude.
My car is not a DD either but I use the radials. Im in the 11s stock internal with these tires with a 1.6 60'.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Launching!

So if I were to get the ET Streets I might as well be getting the ET Drag tires? How do you like the radials?
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk why senical is saying you can't drive the et streets. Your car is a non DD that only sees hot summer days. That's the ideal car for these tires! My only complaint for my et streets is you can't drive fast in the rain. You won't have that concern though since your car only sees hot summer days. Also, you don't drive your car much (non DD) so packing mileage on these tires isn't the biggest concern either. The et streets are one of, if not the best drag radials you can buy that are street legal. the et slicks are not street legal and have a softer sidewall which means you can't take turns well. Although my et streets don't allow me to take turns as well as the radials I've previously had on the car (nitto 555), they still handle fairly well on corners. The et street is what my 350 rwhp camaro runs, my dads 600rwhp camaro runs, my uncles 500 rwhp camaro runs and they all hook on the street with these tires (yes if my dad dumps the clutch the tires go up in smoke). If you're looking for a tire that has a longer tread life and you will need to drive in the rain from time to time, then i would stay away from the et street. otherwise it's the best straight line tire for the street you can buy IMO.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

and here is review of the et street radials vs the nitto 555

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...5-40-17-a.html

depends if you like turns or going straight fast better. mickey focuses on going straight as that review clearly states
Old 02-20-2012, 06:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
Idk why senical is saying you can't drive the et streets. Your car is a non DD that only sees hot summer days. That's the ideal car for these tires! My only complaint for my et streets is you can't drive fast in the rain. You won't have that concern though since your car only sees hot summer days. Also, you don't drive your car much (non DD) so packing mileage on these tires isn't the biggest concern either. The et streets are one of, if not the best drag radials you can buy that are street legal. the et slicks are not street legal and have a softer sidewall which means you can't take turns well. Although my et streets don't allow me to take turns as well as the radials I've previously had on the car (nitto 555), they still handle fairly well on corners. The et street is what my 350 rwhp camaro runs, my dads 600rwhp camaro runs, my uncles 500 rwhp camaro runs and they all hook on the street with these tires (yes if my dad dumps the clutch the tires go up in smoke). If you're looking for a tire that has a longer tread life and you will need to drive in the rain from time to time, then i would stay away from the et street. otherwise it's the best straight line tire for the street you can buy IMO.
OMG wtf. Read again how I worded what I wrote. In no way did I say you cant drive on the street. You can drive on the street with them all you want! But it sure as hell is not even close to a decent street tire. If some guys like to run them then thats great have at it!
Where does it say I said you cant drive on the street? Where? Tell me?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
Ok cool I was def leaning towards these, but I just want to make sure they are going to be safe on the street. senicalj4579 was saying that they are not for street use. I just want to be safe, but also want the best performing strait line tire. I dont autocross or take corners super fast. Car only sees hot summer days never rain. Also I am making 450rwph and the car is M6. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

i vote et street radial.. ive had very good luck with them on the street and at the track, and the et street radial and et street radial 2 are the same r2 compound only difference is tread pattern and sizes offered
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

senical don't get your panties in a bunch. From what I read in post 8 you made it seem these were a track only tire. My statement that I'm making is the guy has a weekend driver only, it would make perfect sense to have the grippiest tire possible. Would I DD with the et streets, no but I'm from Illinois where the weather is more random than a lottery drawing. I'm just saying the OP has the perfect car type (weekend only car) for the use of et streets. Yes, they won't last as long as a true radial but generally the radial won't be as consistent at the track and won't grip as good on the streets. people on tech need to stop getting so butt hurt when a conflicting point is made.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php

I would get the MT II's radials
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Launching!

I really want the et streets but nobody seems to be voting for them. What do you guys really not like about them?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Well I went ahead and got the et streets. Couldnt pass up on speed inc sale. Got em for $410 shipped. Couldnt find a better deal anywhere. I will post up pics and my opinions of the tires. Thanks for all the input.