Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

My wheel/tire setup. Does this look right?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My wheel/tire setup. Does this look right?

So, I'm getting new wheels and tires, and this is what I've come up with. Let me know if this looks right. I'm not sure if the rear will need the BFH or not. I'm sitting at stock ride height. Also, I'm not sure if I picked the right front tires.

Wheels:

Front: Summit Drag-Thrust 15x4 1.75in backspace
Back: Summit Drag-Thrust 15x8 5.5in backspace

Tires:

Front: MT Sportsman 26x7.5-15 (8 ply), Part #1573
Back: MT ET Street radials 28x11.50R15, Part # 3754R

I'll be streeting this setup, as well as running at the track. I picked the 28 because I bought the car with 4.10's (Too much), and they look like they'll fill the well a little better. I'm just worried about having to BFH my car. Will they fit?

I figured the smaller fronts would give my car a fairly aggressive stance. Will it mess up anything to do the sizes like this? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should have went with a 10.5" rear tire for a 8" wheel, the tire you got will be too wide. You probably will have to BFH your inner fender also.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i assume you have not put in the order yet? imo dont, get a drag wheel that is light weight, made in the usa ,and you will be able to take advantage of running a drag setup, you could get a set of pro stars really cheap used with good tires from anywhere in therange of 6 to 800, those summit wheels are pretty much huge heavy china made junk, yes they look pretty good but i dont think they look better than a pro star,weld rts, even racestars would be a better option and im not real big on them, for sure go with a 10 inch rear wheel, 8 inch looks to small in the rear,also going with a 28 inch rear tire will throw some lights off
Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the lightweight racing wheels are too flimsy for street use round here. these are the wheels I'm getting, I'm just making sure I get the right SIZE of everything
Old 03-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
I think you should have went with a 10.5" rear tire for a 8" wheel, the tire you got will be too wide. You probably will have to BFH your inner fender also.
The mt et streets 11.5 are smaller than the 10.5 slick
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by konceptracin
The mt et streets 11.5 are smaller than the 10.5 slick
Im just going of my experience, Im running a 275 tire that's advertiesed at 27.5" tall and I had to beat my inner fender in on the drivers side. And the tire he has specd out is way to wide for a 8" wheel.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Yes that is the size and back space you need for these cars , too bad Summit dont make a 10" wheel with 7.5 back space .The ET streets will work but i would highly recommend Radials ! 295-55-15 M/T Drag radials = 28x10.5 . These tires drive and hook much better ! as for the BFH mods , yes it is almost impossible to fit a 28" tire without beating the hump down on the inner fenderwell , its not hard to do.... everybody has to do it !
Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Huh... I guess i could if i have to. (bfh)

would a 26" tire work better and not cause problems with the abs? And if so, what would be the size that i need?

(sorry for the all caps, i'm on my ship underway... My keyboard is permanent caps lock)

i'm hoping to get enough info so that i can place my order the day i get back. I'm set on the wheels, so it's just the tire sizes to order now. Close to stock outside diameter are the big thing. I'm leaning away from the 28's because i don't want to have to dick with the speedo, ect.

Thanks for any info.

V/r,

mm2
Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I just ordered my wheels and tires.
Summit Drag Thrusts, 15x4, 1.75bs front 15x8 5.5bs rear, MT Sportsman 15x7.5-15 8-ply fronts, Nitto NT555R 275/50/15 rears.

All told, cost me 1030 bucks, plus whatever I have to pay to get them mounted and balanced.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, Summit tried to dick me over on my wheels... So I canceled that order, and ordered Jegs Sport Mags in the same sizes... I'm pretty sure they're the same wheel with a different center cap. Cheaper after a military discount, too.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To flimsey, i have driven on my pro stars alot,about 1000 miles a week for 4 months, not flimsy and your not going to save that much by the time its all said and done
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
To flimsey, i have driven on my pro stars alot,about 1000 miles a week for 4 months, not flimsy and your not going to save that much by the time its all said and done
Look, man. I mean no disrespect, but I posted a good while ago that the wheel choices were set, and I've already ordered them. Also, good on you for not bending your Pro Stars... Those things would last about five minutes on the roads around here. And YES, I WILL save a good bit by the time it's all said and done. The only American wheels that I like the look of are Champion Cap5's, Centerline Revs, and Weld Magnums, ALL of which are at LEAST twice as expensive.

Now, on the the next subject. I don't really give a **** if the wheels I bought were made in China. They're the only wheels that fit in my budget and fit the criteria I'm looking for. I'll start buying the more expensive stuff when I start making a decent amount of money... E5's don't get paid all that much, my friend. You want me to buy expensive crap, I suggest you start calling up Congressmen and asking about military pay raises... Also, I'm pretty sure I've already done my part for this country.

I don't mean to go off on you, but I've noticed that you and/or several others are in pretty much every Jegs/Summit wheel thread spouting off the same thing over and over. The crap's annoying.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wheels and tires all here... They're PUUURRRDY.

When I get them on, I'll post up pics in a new thread.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roninsonic
Wheels and tires all here... They're PUUURRRDY.

When I get them on, I'll post up pics in a new thread.
Looking forward to the pics
Old 05-05-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...l#post16277652

They're on

Quick Reply: My wheel/tire setup. Does this look right?