Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

ADR M-Sport - Custom

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ADR M-Sport - Custom

Hey guys,

just wanted to share a couple pics of my wheels that I just refinished. these ADR M-sports in a 18x9.5 size, that were originally black in the center with a "polished" lip. These were originally on my Trans Am, then were on my 2000 SS since. Here's what they used to look like: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...w-stripes.html

However the lip is not polished as advertised, but was painted a silver that made it look polished. The quality of the coating from the factory was terrible, and the clear coat really started to break down after a couple years.

I own a bodyshop, so I went ahead and decided to pimp them out. I can't wait to get the car done now so I can roll these around.

Let me know what you think, just throwing this out there to show everyone that you can be different by making slight changes, and this might give some others the urge to re-do their wheels that have seen better days.
Attached Thumbnails ADR M-Sport - Custom-cimg0842.jpg   ADR M-Sport - Custom-cimg0846.jpg   ADR M-Sport - Custom-cimg0840.jpg   ADR M-Sport - Custom-cimg0849.jpg  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really like those rims man. i was thinking you could do the lips white to match the car, or do an orange pinstripe around the lip, i think that would look cool too. strictly just throwing out ideas since you own your own shop, but they will look pretty damn good on there.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
i really like those rims man. i was thinking you could do the lips white to match the car, or do an orange pinstripe around the lip, i think that would look cool too. strictly just throwing out ideas since you own your own shop, but they will look pretty damn good on there.
I was definately thinking of doing an orange pinstripe. My calipers are orange all the way around also, so I think that would tie it together nicely too. Only thing is if I ever get my trans am back on the road, it has a black and red theme going, so I guess I'd just have to do the stripe again.

I was looking into this striping tool called the Beugler to stripe them. I think that's the ticket for a nice even line.

I'll probably mount them first and see how they look, but I have a feeling I'mm gonna end up striping them.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

definitely, and painting a simple red stripe over the orange shouldnt be too terrible
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

They look good, where did you get the wheels? I remember searching a very old thread a few yrs back and someone had those same wheels but in gunmetal color i think? I used to want them but could never find the right offsets.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Badguy7
They look good, where did you get the wheels? I remember searching a very old thread a few yrs back and someone had those same wheels but in gunmetal color i think? I used to want them but could never find the right offsets.
Bought them off Ebay about 7 years ago. I want to say the offset is +35mm on them. They offer a 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 staggered set that looks better IMO, but I'll take the extra inch of rubber anyday.

I want to say I have seen a 19 inch version and it looked killer too.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
12 Second Club

man those look good! I bought the same rims (except mine are hyperblack) off ebay years ago as well. I have been thinking about doing the same to mine. Did you sand blast them? Any info or advice would deff be appreciated