Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

C5 Wheels With Lower Offset

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Wheels With Lower Offset

I have 18 x 10.5" C5's in the back on my car, and I'm trying to find a way to get rid of tire rub without rolling the fenders or taking a BFH to them. I've looked at alot of tire/wheel options, and between tire choices, looks, & traction needs, I'm really wanting to stick with these 18" C5 wheels and a 295width tire.

The current wheels have a 56mm offset. Does anyone offer replicas of these C5's with a smaller offset, say in the low 50's? I can't seem to find any choices, but I'm also not as up to date on this stuff as I am others.

Jason
Old 03-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are the c5dd? Pretty sure if your lowered fenders/bh mod has to be done, 2 really easy mods to do, rent the tool from 69ta
Old 03-27-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

No the car isn't lowered, and won't be as my headers hang too low, and I don't want to buy different ones just for that. I've also ruled out rolling the fenders as I don't want the paint to crack; the car is too nice for that and has been largely a garage queen most of its life. Trimming the fender lip is also out of the question as I don't want to risk weaking those panels.

I'm wanting to keep a wider tire out back for some extra traction without resorting to running a drag radial as the car is mostly street driven. Plus it just looks alot better. Would ZR-1 17x11's (50mm offset) with 315's clear or is that hit & miss too? The sticky at the top doesn't seem to indicate strongly that they would.

Jason
Old 03-27-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck finding one with the 50mm offset. I actually bought mine from discount tire about 4 years ago and they said it was the last pair of the 18x10.5 in the 50mm offset in the U.S. So I jumped on them. I wanted to do the c5 deep dish but my car is lowered and I'm like you and done want to mess with the rolling or beating on the inner fender wells. Cars too rare to do a mod I can't change. Good luck man.

Quick Reply: C5 Wheels With Lower Offset