Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need drags for the weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need drags for the weekend!

I would like to buy a pair of MT 28x10.5x15 drags for the weekend. Who has the best price in the detroit area and how much?

Any info will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

Don't forget you will have to grind the pi$$ out of your calipers unless you run some BOGARTS or spacers...and even some guys still had to grind. With your mods why not throw on some 16 inch rims with ET STREETS? Chances are with your power level and rear gearing/clutch you will hook well but bog and possibly smoke your clutch if your hook hard enough. My advice...get some cheap 16 inch rims(Camaro/Firebird 16x8s, you should be able to pick up a whole set w/o rubber for $100-200). I would use a narrow tire up front like a 205-60-16 or something then get some 26x11.5x16 ET STREETS for the rear and you won't need tubes either. Either disconnect or remove the swaybar completely on the front; it will help A LOT in weight transfer. If you like your WS6 get subframe connectors before you work-over the car; they'll prevent a lot a future squeeks and rattles!
Old 04-07-2004, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99MONGOOSE
Don't forget you will have to grind the pi$$ out of your calipers unless you run some BOGARTS or spacers...and even some guys still had to grind. With your mods why not throw on some 16 inch rims with ET STREETS? Chances are with your power level and rear gearing/clutch you will hook well but bog and possibly smoke your clutch if your hook hard enough. My advice...get some cheap 16 inch rims(Camaro/Firebird 16x8s, you should be able to pick up a whole set w/o rubber for $100-200). I would use a narrow tire up front like a 205-60-16 or something then get some 26x11.5x16 ET STREETS for the rear and you won't need tubes either. Either disconnect or remove the swaybar completely on the front; it will help A LOT in weight transfer. If you like your WS6 get subframe connectors before you work-over the car; they'll prevent a lot a future squeeks and rattles!
99MONGOOSE,

Thank you for your response. It is nice to know that someone is watching over your back when upgrading your car.

I was inquiring about a buddy who has a 347 stroker in a 93' Mustang. I believe he will have a healthy shot of nitrous strapped in by the end of the summer. The tires are for him; although it would be very interesting what my little 10 bolt would look like after mounting the slicks.