Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Cleaning "Weld RT-S Wheels"

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning "Weld RT-S Wheels"

Everytime I wash my car I have to polish my wheels cause they get water stains really easy, anyone have a good polish to protect them from water stains? Thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Do you wash and dry your car in a well shaded area? My car stays wet long enough for me to dry the wheels and windows first and then the body.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

No that's the problem I'm living in Arizona right now there ain't many trees where I'm at so once I get done I have to hurry up and dry my windows and then get to my rims but by then the water spots have dryed so I get windex and clean them there still water spots after I do that so I have to get out the polish. And it kills me cause it so dusty out here so your car gets dirty quick
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rolandt
No that's the problem I'm living in Arizona right now there ain't many trees where I'm at so once I get done I have to hurry up and dry my windows and then get to my rims but by then the water spots have dryed so I get windex and clean them there still water spots after I do that so I have to get out the polish. And it kills me cause it so dusty out here so your car gets dirty quick
You should never clean aluminum with windex or any other cleaner that does not say aluminum cleaner on the bottle. I personally only use soap and water. The chemicals will cause stains and make the wheels look very hazy. The windex is causing more damage than the water.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You can polish them, then wax them just like the car. The wax should help prevent spotting and staining.

Another thing you can do is dry them off, then give them a quick wipe down with whatever rag you used to buff the polish off the last time you polished. It will have enough polish left in it to give a good touch up shine and remove light water spots and stains.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never washed my car, so I couldn't tell you on water spots, however I do polish them religiously with Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish, which usually removes anything else on them, so I'd imagine they would take water spots off. If you must wash your car, why don't you wipe the rims off first then save the windex for the windows......
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Alright thanks guys any good wax brands y'all prefer?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro396
I've never washed my car, so I couldn't tell you on water spots, however I do polish them religiously with Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish, which usually removes anything else on them, so I'd imagine they would take water spots off. If you must wash your car, why don't you wipe the rims off first then save the windex for the windows......
Your car is a spoiled BRAT! lol
Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont wash your car in the sun when its a 110 out lol,early am,or dusk at night, a cool shady area is better,even a spray in wash will have shade,lol windex they aint no widows lol
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Any good alluminum polish will work just fine. I use Adams 1 and 2. In my opinion, there is nothing better. If your wheels have water spots on them after washing your car, no worries. Just polish them after you've washed the car. Any good polish will remove the water spots. Then, like others have said before, wax them.

Quick Reply: Cleaning "Weld RT-S Wheels"