Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

18" C5 DD with spacer/adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" C5 DD with spacer/adapter

I am about to order a pair of 15mm adapters for the rear of my ws6.. Currently running a staggered set of 17 x 9.5 and 18 x 10.5 C5 DDs. With the 56 mm offset of the 18s, this would equate to 41 mm offset (right?), which according to the sticky seciton is still ok, but I am mainly just lookin for pictures to confirm that this wont push it beyond the fender (which I intend on rolling).. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by nichoLaS1; 01-28-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Really any picture of 18x10.5 C5 DD with spacers would help, even if theyre bigger than 15mm.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

i dont remember what size spacers i got, i just know that my mission was to find the smallest spacers at the local performance shop...

and they do rub a bit on unrolled fenders with 295/35s on the back, but only on higher speed turns
Old 01-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the pics. I have some 13mm spacers on the way, so I'll post some pics of the results eventually.. (After longer studs get installed and I roll the fenders)
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hey nichoLaS1 did you ever get these spacer installed, i was curious as well on how these would look with 18x10.5 wheels. also the firebrid/trans am has bigger fenders then the camaro so hopefully you can get away with not rolling the fenders. best way to check is to remove the rear springs with the body on jack stands and the axle on the jack, then remove the rear springs and jack the axle up to the bump stops. check for clearance and adjust as needed.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trans_am7935
hey nichoLaS1 did you ever get these spacer installed, i was curious as well on how these would look with 18x10.5 wheels. also the firebrid/trans am has bigger fenders then the camaro so hopefully you can get away with not rolling the fenders. best way to check is to remove the rear springs with the body on jack stands and the axle on the jack, then remove the rear springs and jack the axle up to the bump stops. check for clearance and adjust as needed.
No I havent received them yet, they shouldve shipped out @ the end of last week so hopefully I'll get them early this week. i'll try to get them installed within the next week or 2 and will post pics after.

The tires already rub some on hard turns so Im gonna have to roll them
Old 03-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Finally got these installed.. I eneded up getting a 13mm and love the way it turned out.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by nichoLaS1; 03-17-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Looking good! I know this isnt the subject of this thread but I was curious if you plan on rolling your fenders yourself? or at a shop?
I went to a shop the other day that's rolled fenders before and they looked at mine on my 98 ws6 and said he can guarantee that if they roll them the paint will forsure crack, so no way im taking it there.
Im pretty sure i could get away with them not cracking since it looks like it needs minimal rolling. Just trying to get others opinions on the matter and curious if anyone else has done it on there trans am and what there experiance was like..
Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dnugz420
Looking good! I know this isnt the subject of this thread but I was curious if you plan on rolling your fenders yourself? or at a shop?
I went to a shop the other day that's rolled fenders before and they looked at mine on my 98 ws6 and said he can guarantee that if they roll them the paint will forsure crack, so no way im taking it there.
Im pretty sure i could get away with them not cracking since it looks like it needs minimal rolling. Just trying to get others opinions on the matter and curious if anyone else has done it on there trans am and what there experiance was like..
I rolled them myself.. ive never done it before but I just took my time and it turned out great. Just make sure you use a heat gun and only try to roll a small amount at a time.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What size are your rear tires? I was thinking of getting a 15mm spacer. I have Toyo R888 315's in the rear. Need to roll my fenders though. Wouldn't happen to have a link for the spacers you got would you? Pm me if you can't post the link
Old 07-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Teching In

on the back im running 19"x 9.5" with a +30mm offset and tires are 275/35zr19

Did you use a real roller yourself? or a baseball bat?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
What size are your rear tires? I was thinking of getting a 15mm spacer. I have Toyo R888 315's in the rear. Need to roll my fenders though. Wouldn't happen to have a link for the spacers you got would you? Pm me if you can't post the link
They're 295s on the back.. the offset of the wheels is the biggest determining factor of the size of the spacer u should get.

Talk with Lenny at Motorsport Tech, they will make any custom spacer you need.. check the "bargain bin" on the website occasionally.. that's where I got mine
Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Launching!

DO. NOT. USE. A. BAT. Unless you don't care about your paint please don't do this.. I considered it before I found the tool, and although I haven't personally tried it, after I actually rolled them I'm glad I decided against it.

Key points to remember.
1) Keep the paint warm when rolling.. even when rolling the fender try to keep heat on it, but make sure to avoid keeping the heat gun in one area as this can hurt the paint.

2) Start at the top of the fender and gradually work your way outward.

3) DON'T rush it and DON'T apply too much pressure.. the tool has an adjustable-angle wheel that rides on the fender lip. It is critical that you only try to roll a small angle at a time (i.e. do not try to fold the fender completely inward on one pass) I figured it was one of those things that its better to be safe than sorry and actually probably took more time than necessary.

4) Don't forget longer wheel studs

Quick Reply: 18" C5 DD with spacer/adapter