Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel spacer questions. Am I crazy?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel spacer questions. Am I crazy?

Im installing CTS-V calipers under my 17" C4 ZR1 wheels. You need a 1/4" spacer to do that according to the how to thread. I want a hubcentric wheel spacer because I dont want to deal with any vibration issues, theres nothing worse than a shaking steering wheel, plus I have enough other vibrations lol with this car. Does anyone know of someone that makes a direct hubcentric 1/4" wheel spacer with our hub bore diameter of 70.3mm I think it is? I have been searching and I cannot find anything.

Also if I cant find anyone that makes one I was thinking of making some spacers on my own, except everyone that I tell that I am going to make my own spacers looks at me like I have ten heads. Am I crazy for wanting to make my own? It'll be a PITA but other than a lot of tedious measuring and cutting I dont think it will be that bad at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

if you have a cnc or a lathe, go for it make your own spacers. just google wheel spacers, click the first link.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look at the thread. It shows you what spacers to get. They come with new wheel studs and the hubcentric spacers. You need 2 pairs. Advance auto parts sells them. They are good pieces I run them on my car without an issue.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Undertow74
if you have a cnc or a lathe, go for it make your own spacers. just google wheel spacers, click the first link.
I dont have either but I do have confidence in my abilities

Originally Posted by babbage1109
If you look at the thread. It shows you what spacers to get. They come with new wheel studs and the hubcentric spacers. You need 2 pairs. Advance auto parts sells them. They are good pieces I run them on my car without an issue.
I was referring to the thread fitting the brakes under 17" wheels. In that thread the op runs a 1/4" non hubcentric spacer. I dont want a wheel adapter spacer like the one in the thread youre talking about. Thank you though.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

What kind of wheel spacer are you talking about then?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

He is probably talking about the eibach spacers that are mentioned on one of the cts-v brake threads. I use some eibach spacers myself and I have no vibrations or problems with them, they are good quality spacers.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Those are the ones I am talking about. I run them and haven't had an Issue.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies guys. I was looking for some spacers that fit the hub bore perfectly so they don't move around and cause any problems...the eibach ones are too big, I just need 1/4"....I actually ended up getting exactly what i was looking for from Blaine fabrication.com.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel spacer questions. Am I crazy?