Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

M/T ET Streets vs ET Street Radials

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M/T ET Streets vs ET Street Radials

Anyone on here run the ET Streets? I've had Street radial II's before and 275/60/15 Street radials on the car now and have been very happy with them. I noticed on the M/T website they have the ET Street line of tires and was wondering if anybody had any experience with them before I order another set of the radials.

I was also thinking of going with the 295/55/15 to replace the 275/60/15 on the car now.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

ET streets are a bias ply (non radial).

If you run them with a radial on the front, the car will sway and squirm. You might be able to get away with it with a really narrow skinny, but a normal 235+ front will be a handful to drive over 40mph.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
ET streets are a bias ply (non radial).

If you run them with a radial on the front, the car will sway and squirm. You might be able to get away with it with a really narrow skinny, but a normal 235+ front will be a handful to drive over 40mph.
No, not true at all.
I run bias ply MT/ET street's on the rear of my Camaro and drive it on the street/freeway fairly regularly.
I was surprised to find how well they drove, to be honest, as I too, had heard you would barely be able to keep your car under control at any type of speed.
They DO tend to follow grooves in the road and I WOULD NOT drive them over 50mph in the rain, but other then that they are just fine.
Oh, they do "flat spot" if you park your car for a couple of days, but after just a few blocks of driving they smooth out.

Quick Reply: M/T ET Streets vs ET Street Radials