Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anybody recognize these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody recognize these wheels?

A local guy might be selling his wheels. They kinda look like a poor man's Bogart R/T's.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Launching!

I'm not sure if they're 4th gen specific or not, but they don't really look BMW-ish to me. Maybe they've been discontinued for years? Pretty old school looking.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a VERY slight possibility that they're VERY EARLY generation CCWs. Before CCW went to the forged centers, around 1999-2000, they had 2-3 different cast center designs, and one of them looked like the one in the picture. (In fact, the more I stare at the picture, the more I think I'm correct)

Can you get a larger picture? If the center caps have a logo that looks like it says "SEC", in a script-like design, then they're most likely the CCWs I'm referring to. CCW bought the former business known as 'Senter Engineering Company', and their caps said 'SEC' on them.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Interesting, I think you're right. Looks like it says "SEC"?

Old 10-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

They're old school. But they look good.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lizard King
Interesting, I think you're right. Looks like it says "SEC"?

Those are the caps!!

I bought my Z-28 brand new, back in October of '95, and from day 1, I hated the OE "salad shooter" wheels. I most definitely was going to change them, and while I was at it, I was hoping to get something wider, as an 8" rim for the 245/50 tire, was a bit narrow.

I was looking around for wheels, and saw ads in Corvette Fever magazine for CCW wheels, but that far back, they were an unknown commodity to me, as I think they were a very new business back then. I passed on them, and got a set of AR 205s, not because they were any wider than the OE wheels, but just that I disliked the salad shooters than much.

A couple of years later, I needed new tires, and figured if I was going to get new wheels, it was a good time. I did a little more research, noticed that CCW was still around, so I went with them, but opted for the centers that looked more like the BBS/BMW "crosslace" wheels. I got them in a 16x9.5 size.

I had them for about 8-9 years, but got tired of the hassle of getting tires properly dismounted/remounted on a 3 pc. wheel, and the air leaks that sometimes occurred. I sold them 5 years ago, and sometimes I'm really sorry I did. They may have been a "period look", but I still like how they looked on the car....
Old 10-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Those are the caps!!

I bought my Z-28 brand new, back in October of '95, and from day 1, I hated the OE "salad shooter" wheels. I most definitely was going to change them, and while I was at it, I was hoping to get something wider, as an 8" rim for the 245/50 tire, was a bit narrow.

I was looking around for wheels, and saw ads in Corvette Fever magazine for CCW wheels, but that far back, they were an unknown commodity to me, as I think they were a very new business back then. I passed on them, and got a set of AR 205s, not because they were any wider than the OE wheels, but just that I disliked the salad shooters than much.

A couple of years later, I needed new tires, and figured if I was going to get new wheels, it was a good time. I did a little more research, noticed that CCW was still around, so I went with them, but opted for the centers that looked more like the BBS/BMW "crosslace" wheels. I got them in a 16x9.5 size.

I had them for about 8-9 years, but got tired of the hassle of getting tires properly dismounted/remounted on a 3 pc. wheel, and the air leaks that sometimes occurred. I sold them 5 years ago, and sometimes I'm really sorry I did. They may have been a "period look", but I still like how they looked on the car....
Awesome. It's not often you see people on here that bought an LT1 car brand new.

Thanks for clearing that up btw, I just had to know. I don't think these would fit my Z28 better than the C5 DD wheels I have on it now, but if he decides to sell, I'd wanna pick them up just for the hell of it. They're 90's looking, but in a good way.

Quick Reply: Anybody recognize these wheels?