Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Plz help with Tires hitting bumper/fender *pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plz help with Tires hitting bumper/fender *pics

Good cold morning boys and girls..

Im currently running my 28 slicks on the track... The problem is I have a spool and when I turn the tires rub my lower part of the rear fender/bumper. I have seen from fender rolling that the upper lip bends but I dont know if when u guys fender roll you also take care of this issue on the lower rear bumper/fender ???. So far the only part where my tires rub in there ... everywhere else it clears with no problem. What have you guys done to correct this problem??

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Plz help with Tires hitting bumper/fender *pics-img_20140106_171802.jpg   Plz help with Tires hitting bumper/fender *pics-img_20140106_171941.jpg  
Old 01-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Do u have adjustable lower control arms? Mine done the same thing when I put relocation brackets and non adjustable lower arms but mine was rubbing in the front
Old 01-07-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

adjustable lower control arms will allow you move the axle and center the tires in the wheel well
Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

I do have adjustable control arms. I also moved them a bit closer to the front.. but still rubing a bit (they are now pretty much centered). Ill have to move them a bit more I guess. I though there might be others with different solution.. .. hopefully they dont rub the front then...
Old 01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What kind of lower control arms do you have? If they have poly-urethane bushings in them they could be allowing quite a bit of movement in the rear end when the spool binds up when you are turning. I have a customer that had this same deal going on and it is a real easy fix. A set of lower control arms with rod ends will take care of this issue because they won't allow the movement that the poly-urethane bushings do while you are turning.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Plz help with Tires hitting bumper/fender *pics