Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nitto INVO vs Nitto NT05

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitto INVO vs Nitto NT05

So It's that time of the year again, and I'm buying new rear tires for my car. And I have it narrowed down to two different tires. Both cost the same.

The Nitto Invo's or the Nitto NT05s. (NOT NT05R) Pretty much what I've read is that they'll both be decent. People have been saying that the invos will corner better and last longer, but the nt05s will hook better in a straight line but not last as long.

So what do you think? Car will pretty much only be driven on the streets.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If it's only going to be on the street I would go invo. I've had the invisible before and I was very pleased with them. Granted they were on the front and not the rear
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked my Invos a lot. Hooked great for me (minus very cold), were great when they had tread. Cool pattern, do awesome in the rain, and decently priced.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
If it's only going to be on the street I would go invo. I've had the invisible before and I was very pleased with them. Granted they were on the front and not the rear
Originally Posted by Guitar
I liked my Invos a lot. Hooked great for me (minus very cold), were great when they had tread. Cool pattern, do awesome in the rain, and decently priced.
Well ****.. You guys made my decision for me.. My car really doesn't make a lot of power, but my bfg kdw's (although bald) are not cutting it..
Old 02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I have 275/40-20s on my DD/ Magnum SRT8 and like them the best out of all the tires I have had on it and my RT. Work well in the dry and the wet. Did two track days and they are still going. I hung with a Challenger that was on Rs as well.

Never had them on the Firebird, but I would certainly consider them though.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Teching In

I'm running Invos. Very happy with them. It hooks great and are very quiet compared to other tires I've used.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the NT05 is a better tire.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

NT05 is cheaper and is a higher performing tire in terms of grip, handling, and braking. It's also very comfortable and quiet. INVO might be more comfortable and have better wet traction and may last longer as it has a higher treadwear rating.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
the NT05 is a better tire.
I ended up going with the invo's because I think it's more important to me at this time to have a tire that will last longer, and feel safe in the rain.

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
NT05 is cheaper and is a higher performing tire in terms of grip, handling, and braking. It's also very comfortable and quiet. INVO might be more comfortable and have better wet traction and may last longer as it has a higher treadwear rating.
On the website I got em from they were the same price. Pretty much I figured the nt05s would grip better, but they wouldn't last longer, and wouldn't be as good in the rain. And I really don't expect either tire to hook great, we're not talking drag radials here.

Originally Posted by E_C5
I'm running Invos. Very happy with them. It hooks great and are very quiet compared to other tires I've used.
Good to know! Mine will be here Thursday.

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
I have 275/40-20s on my DD/ Magnum SRT8 and like them the best out of all the tires I have had on it and my RT. Work well in the dry and the wet. Did two track days and they are still going. I hung with a Challenger that was on Rs as well.

Never had them on the Firebird, but I would certainly consider them though.
Sounds good! I ordered a set today for my rear, but I probably won't put them on for a little while. Gonna enjoy doing a few burnouts on my current BFG's first

Quick Reply: Nitto INVO vs Nitto NT05