Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Rim size Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim size Question

recently bought an 04 GTO A4 Yellow Jacket and one of the rims is slightly bent. the past 2 weeks ive managed to get a flat or blowout on the same side/rim... heres the question...

so im rolling with some ADR's (dont know the model) size is 18x9 with 255/35's .. tires have less than 100 miles on them. so maybe you can help me out. how wide can i go with the tires and what matches up to my bolt pattern (5x120) its turning into a headache cause they are 18x9's all around. heres a photo so maybe if you know the ADR model that could help too lol

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Rim size Question-image.jpeg   Rim size Question-image-1-.jpeg  
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure what they question is. Are you wanting to buy new wheels and keep the tires you have so you need to know how wide of a wheel you can get with 255 tires?

If so, I wouldn't go wider than 9. Hell, they sidewalls are probably pretty flush at that, I would prefer 255 on an 8.5 inch wide wheel or jump up to a 275 tires (though I know GTOs are space limited for wide tires)

I would just have the wheel repaired or buy a new one. They actually look pretty good and would look great painted black.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info sorry for the late response and yes i was asking that lol. most of the rims i found were 9.5... pain trying to find 18x9 with the 5x120 pattern. however i bought some american racing kmc's
Attached Thumbnails Rim size Question-img_0762.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rim size Question