Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

C6 replica centers??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey so I have a set of replica chrome C6s from OE wheel. I bent one rim so I bought another set of C6s same size 18 by 9.5 and even same offset on craigslist for cheap. Only difference is they have the corvette emblem in centers but one is curbed pretty bad. I tried to switch center caps so I would have one perfect set but they would not interchange.

My OE wheels don't have emblem in centers. CL set has a ring around the center and OE wheel set has only plastics tabs see pics. Where do I buy them doesn't matter which just want them to match. The CL rims look more like the real deal as far as GM, but there f body offset.
Attached Thumbnails C6 replica centers??????-image-1238323762.jpg   C6 replica centers??????-image-1380084271.jpg   C6 replica centers??????-image-967735169.jpg   C6 replica centers??????-image-1978399726.jpg   C6 replica centers??????-image-279423699.jpg  

Last edited by WS6ICK2k; 05-03-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

The OE center is the one in blue thinking the ring set are GM. The pic with the two rims next to each other OE has a tire on it and CL are stacked.

The chrome is amazing on the used ones I bought def a higher quality. Not sure what C6 they are or where there from seller bought them already on his car when he bought it.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well OE are aftermarket, so they aren't going to be identical to OEM caps... Although OEM caps should fit since OE says they are interchangeable. Maybe the Craigslist wheel you got is another aftermarket wheel from another company that doesn't make their caps quite the same?
Old 05-03-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Well OE are aftermarket, so they aren't going to be identical to OEM caps... Although OEM caps should fit since OE says they are interchangeable. Maybe the Craigslist wheel you got is another aftermarket wheel from another company that doesn't make their caps quite the same?
Yea they are super nice though unreal fit and finish. Ill post some pics later. I am going to try to get in touch with OEM wheel Monday.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Actually, not even all of the OE Wheels C6 centercaps interchange perfectly with each other....I bough a set of C6 chrome rims last month, but one was damaged in shipping. OE Wheels was out of stock of new ones, but sent me a new display model they had, but was made a year ago instead of recently, and the centercaps weren't identical...the new ones sit a little below flush and the one made a year ago actually was a little above flush...could have been a difference in the wheel or centercap, but either way, something has changed in the past year. I actually sent it back when they got another shipment in and got another new rim and it matches the original set I ordered. OE Wheels was great about the whole thing! They paid for shipping both ways each time and took care of me until I was happy with the set of rims! However, something has changed slightly with their C6 wheel design.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I have to agree with you. These wheels look very different next to each other thinking it could be difference in years or possibly a different manufacturer all together. Hopefully it won't be to bad tracking down some center caps that actually fit like they are intended.

My previous C6 star design replica seems a lot flatter where the spokes come together and these new ones seem slightly recessed even there the same offset. That could have been your issue also with the center caps not aligning properly. It's very subtle but noticeable next to one another.

Quick Reply: C6 replica centers??????