Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Falken tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Falken tires

So what is people's opinion on this brand of tire. Sitting here with two vehicles that need full sets of tires. Needless to say that is a nice chunk of change. Looking at tire store websites Falken seem to be judged as decent tires with affordable pricing. My dad is looking to put a set of Rocky Mountain ATS on his Jeep and I am considering a set for the 01 Blazer. Looks like they have a 50,000 mile warranty and can get the full set for just under $455 at Discount Tire. They also got a tire in the Camaro size of 245/50/16 for $88.00 a tire. Only has 30K warranty on it but I am not considered about that as the car is not driven much. Chances are the tires will age wear before the tread is worn out. W speed rating which is more than enough. A full set of these would be just under $467. I would probable prefer for the Camaro the BFGoodrich g-force Super Sport A/S tire. Also W speed rated with an extra 5k on the warranty at 35K. It is rated "better" as opposed to the Falken at "good". However the price jumps considerable to $125 per tire for a total installed price of just under $626.00, a jump of $171.

Thoughts on Falken tires. OK tires to use?
Old 06-08-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

About 8-9 years ago, the Lincoln LS that my wife drove, needed some new tires. I decided to try some Falkens. Really liked them, and when I had to replace them, due to damage from road debris (several nails picked up in a construction area), I went with another set of Falkens, and was satisfied again.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was considering Falkens last year for my daily driver. Like you, I knew nothing about them so decided to Google them and see what I could find. I didn't like what I found. After reading 1-2 dozen accounts of Falken blow outs on fairly new tires I decided to stay with my OEM tires. Google "Falken tire failures" and judge for yourself.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Firebrian
I was considering Falkens last year for my daily driver. Like you, I knew nothing about them so decided to Google them and see what I could find. I didn't like what I found. After reading 1-2 dozen accounts of Falken blow outs on fairly new tires I decided to stay with my OEM tires. Google "Falken tire failures" and judge for yourself.
I do a quick search and found some of what you were talking about. I seen a few from 2012-2013 but most were 2011 or older incidents. Some it seemed were also caused by incorrect installation by the shop. I'm not trying to defend Falken as I know little about the company. Just saying what I found.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I run them on my Camaro , and will again. my wife's mustang will also get a set when the time comes for it.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran them on my T/A with no issues. I would buy them again..
Old 06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They seem to run narrow
Old 06-10-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had Falken 452 for the past couple of years, they were ok. I switched to Nitto Invos last week and will not go back, got them for only a few bucks more than the Falkens. Falken also recently came out with the new 453.

Quick Reply: Falken tires