Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Nutek wheel order Disaster! Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nutek wheel order Disaster! Please Read!

I am posting this as a heads up for anyone interested in purchasing Nutek wheels. I wish I had read a posting like this before I had ordered my wheels. Here is my story….

I placed an order with a vendor I regularly use, Auto Sound Performance (ASP), on September 10th. Although ASP had never ordered from Nutek, they had plenty of good things to say about their style and build quality. After deciding on the model I wanted, the 708’s, ASP placed my order. As a result of the custom wheel design (ie: concave, clearance for 14” Brembo’s, specific lip, etc.) the wheels ended up costing a total of 10K. When the wheels were ordered, I was given a scheduled delivery date of 4-5 weeks. Sounds fine, right??

5 weeks later (October 15th ) no wheels and no contact what so ever. ASP called the sales rep from Nutek (Kendo) and was told that because they were relocating their shop and that SEMA was just around the corner they were behind schedule, which was not mentioned at the time of the order. At that point, they said that the wheels were out to the finishers and we would see them in 2 weeks, just before SEMA. 2 weeks later (October 29th) no wheels. ASP contacted Nutek again and was told that they did not get finished and they would be closed for a week because they were at SEMA. Although they promised they would be done within 2 weeks of them being back from SEMA. 3 weeks later no wheels.

Around the December 1st I decided to take matters into my own hand and contact Nutek directly. I spoke to Kendo the sales rep and he apologized, but he wanted another couple of weeks to finish them. I said this was not going to work and that I needed to speak with the owner. At that point I spoke to Anthony Thomson – President of Nutek wheels. He apologized for the delay and promised he would have them to my door no later than January 7st, even if he had to deliver them himself. Also as compensation for the delay he would refund the shipping. I had him write this into an email and send it to me for my records. Here it is….

If anyone would like to see a screen shot of the original please don’t hesitate to ask.

“Tom,
This email is to review my verbal agreement to you to concerning your Series 708 wheels for your 1967 Camaro. I agree to ensure you receive the wheels no later than 1/7/15 and in return for the extended delay, I am also going to refund to you (via Auto Sound and Performance) the shipping charge for this order. Again, thanks for being patient as you have during our relocation process and the SEMA convention.

Anthony Thompson
Nutek Wheels - President
4516 Runway St. Unit B
Simi Valley, Ca. 93063
805-526-6883
www.nutekwheels.com”

Well you guessed it. January 7th no wheels, nor any contact what so ever from Nutek. I called ASP to see if they had heard anything and they told me that they had just received an email the day before stating that they were going to be delayed until January 22nd. At this point I called to speak with Anthony Thompson to find out what was going on and was told that he was busy and that he would call me back. No call back. January 22nd no wheels. ASP and I have contacted Nutek on several occasions to find out what is going on and we both keep getting the run around. Apparently, Kendo is no longer with the company and Anthony Thompson is just too busy to take our calls or call either of us back.

As of today February 6th (5 months later!) no wheels, nor any contact what so ever from Nutek. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company in my life. Please repost my story on any forum to help others avoid the nightmare I am going through. Thanks for reading.

Tom

I'm not really worried about the money. I put it on a credit card, I'll get my money back. I'm posting this more to put the word out on how these guys do business. Also I'm hoping people share this. Or if anyone has any other forums they would recommend posting this on I'll do it myself. Thanks
Old 02-07-2015, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man that's a real shame, I've never heard of that company. Too bad you didn't go with like Forgeline's or something. Good luck with this!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

Better call your CC company and check they typically dont do anything beyond 90 days!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

I read that right? 10K for wheels? Have any pictures or information on why that wheel is 2500 a piece? Hope you get your money back and go with a company with a better reputation.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tillery
I read that right? 10K for wheels? Have any pictures or information on why that wheel is 2500 a piece? Hope you get your money back and go with a company with a better reputation.
My thoughts exactly!!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 AM
12 Second Club

Was looking up these wheels. And others. HREs are as much and way nicer. Forgelines have a few similar and about a grand less. Once you get this straight. One of the admins on this site deals with many brands of high end wheels. Maybe worth a shot to hit him up to help with your needs. This sounds like a big build if your looking for a one of a kind wheel.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's why I will only do business with companies that are reputable and well spoken of on this site, or other vehicle forums. I hope you contacted your credit card company. They should work with you on this.

Quick Reply: Nutek wheel order Disaster! Please Read!