Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How does this combination look on paper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does this combination look on paper?

Having spent a fair amount of time going through all the useful information on this board, I think I have my wheel/tire combination sorted out, but just need some input to see if I missed anything. Here is a portion of the email I will be sending OE Wheels. Can you please let me know if you think I have missed anything or provide me with your comments?

My 2000 Firehawk currently has stock 275/45/17 tires and I believe the wheels are 17x9 with 50mm offset and 7” backspacing, I also plan on lowering the car by 1.25” with new spring and shocks.
I would like to run Chrome c6 Z06 18X9.5 in the front with 275/35/18 and deep dish 18X10.5 with 295/35/18 in the rear.

I would like to avoid doing any permanent modifications to the car (cutting, BFH, …) and obviously do not want any rubbing issues.

Questions:

I am looking for the tire/wheel combination be as close as possible to being flush with the tops of the fenders, but definitely not past (i.e. sticking out). Will I be OK with the offset and backspacing of the rears and I guess I will probably need a ½” spacer for the front. Can you please confirm?

I am also looking at tires, thinking BFG Comp2 or Nitto 555, I would like a square side wall look without significant bulges or whatever that sucked in look is. So if you have a better suggestion for tires if my choices are not appropriate.

Quick Reply: How does this combination look on paper?