Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best tires for c5 rims on a 98 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires for c5 rims on a 98 Trans Am

I need some help. I am trying to find tires for my 98 Trans Am with C5 rims. I cant seem to find any place near me that has any tires that fit. What are the best tires for street racing and handle good in the rain. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lheidland17
I need some help. I am trying to find tires for my 98 Trans Am with C5 rims. I cant seem to find any place near me that has any tires that fit. What are the best tires for street racing and handle good in the rain. Any help is appreciated.
Hey, welcome to the forum.

You probably won't find 275/40's at local stores unfortunately. For all my F-bodies I've had to order them and bring them to a shop. Our cars tire sizes aren't exactly super common. Just select a tire that's 275/40/17 with an all season rating and you should be fine in the rain. I've got Nito NT555's on my WS6 and they are fine in the rain. Even Summer tires will be fine in the rain you just can't race and you might slip a little if you gas it hard. Pirelli makes good all seasons too and I can't speak to street racing since that's for bad little boys and I would never do that. But if I did I would have beaten quite a few cars and gotten a road racing ticket, but I wouldn't do that.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HumanNipple
Hey, welcome to the forum.

You probably won't find 275/40's at local stores unfortunately. For all my F-bodies I've had to order them and bring them to a shop. Our cars tire sizes aren't exactly super common. Just select a tire that's 275/40/17 with an all season rating and you should be fine in the rain. I've got Nito NT555's on my WS6 and they are fine in the rain. Even Summer tires will be fine in the rain you just can't race and you might slip a little if you gas it hard. Pirelli makes good all seasons too and I can't speak to street racing since that's for bad little boys and I would never do that. But if I did I would have beaten quite a few cars and gotten a road racing ticket, but I wouldn't do that.
Second vote for nitto 555. I have extreme up front and R's in the rear. Great traction on the drag radials in the street. Handle well, and do OK in rain if ur careful.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, I got mine through WS6store, a sponsor here, free shipping, best price. (At the time)
Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the welcome. The tires that are on there now are 285 40 r18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. Also i need tires for the front they are 235 50 r16, where can i get them at.

Quick Reply: Best tires for c5 rims on a 98 Trans Am