Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

325 Grand Sport rim/tire in the rear? Who is a rim and tire guru?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 325 Grand Sport rim/tire in the rear? Who is a rim and tire guru?

I know there are a million threads about tire fitment, but since everyone's scenario is different, its hard to find an answer to this after looking for an hour or so.... But, a friend of mine has been gracious enough to offer me his GS rims. The rims are 19x12 + 59 offset with 325/30R19's on them. I have the eibach lowering kit, so its about and inch and a half lower than stock. Anyone know if these would fit? Or would I be doing some hammering and bending...?

Last edited by DuckDude; 08-31-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Oh,, you will be doing some hammering and bending,, but it is definitely possible. If you want them,, go for it and you can make it work!**
Old 08-31-2015, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
Oh,, you will be doing some hammering and bending,, but it is definitely possible. If you want them,, go for it and you can make it work!**
Not what I wanted to hear... My car is in killer awesome good no scratches no dents wash and wax all the time 65K mile shape... it's not a piece of poopie that I wanna go hammerin' on. What if the lowering kit was removed and I was back at stock height?

BTW the front rims are 18 x 9.9 + 40 offset.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

What if I just removed the rear portion of the kit so the rim/tires would fit? Or is that too much like Joe Dirts beater car? haha
Old 09-01-2015, 07:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I understand. I have a 33,000 mile car that's no beater also but the previous owner had already performed the BFH mod. You will still have to modify at stock ride height also. I had a 96 with 11 inch ZR1 rear wheels at stock height and had to. I was able to take a grinder and cut wheel and notch out where the tire was rubbing and never had to big hammer the inner wells, even when I lowered it. But with the wheels you have it will either be make them fit, or not run them at all.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Alright thanks for the heads up man!!!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Get your hammer, cigarette and a big *** pipe and go to town. No chance those are gonna fit under that car especially with it being lowered. Even if it wasn't lowered they would still rub and poke. You can maybe get away with running spacers, but they are gonna have to be real big. They are gonna poke a **** ton and from what I read they wear wheel bearings faster. I really would suggest you just do the BFH mod and respray it black.You might need to cut the bump stops too. Roll the fenders while you're at it and call it a day.

I get you care about your car, I love both my f-bodies, but they are a dime a dozen. Personally I could care less about resale value. If that is what your are concerned about (not trying to sound like a dick) then sell the rims or give them back to your friend. If you don't care about selling the car and plan to keep it forever, then do the above, and make them fit. **** can't stay new forever.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't drive around with yourself or anyone else looking at your car's wheel wells. Pound on them to make the clearance you need and be done with it. Your wheel wells can be massaged and still look nice if it's all that important to ya.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^I agree with Carlos. Its a small price to pay for in return watching the jaws drop on enthusiast's**
Old 09-13-2015, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

I just posted a similar question but its about CCW wheels. thanks for input
Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

did you ever get the wheels on?
Old 10-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't... A few small problems I have are: very little spare time in life. I dont have a garage to work in and my driveway is gravel so its not easy to work on, and the rims are in Houston and I'm in Maryland. First issue would be having them sent to me, then I would have to buy a 4th because one of the rims got curbed on accident. Maybe one day I can get it done hahaha.
Does anyone have an opinion on when the stock rear end would blow up because of the extra traction it would have? I already have trouble keeping them planted hahaha

Last edited by DuckDude; 10-06-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DuckDude
I know there are a million threads about tire fitment, but since everyone's scenario is different, its hard to find an answer to this after looking for an hour or so.... But, a friend of mine has been gracious enough to offer me his GS rims. The rims are 19x12 + 59 offset with 325/30R19's on them. I have the eibach lowering kit, so its about and inch and a half lower than stock. Anyone know if these would fit? Or would I be doing some hammering and bending...?
I gave my car to a guy in Tampa for a day to bang in my inner wheel wells for me. He did a great job and it looks factory. Did it in his driveway. He sprayed it with some sealant or rubberized stuff, then black paint. Looks factory. And my car is lowered 1 3/4" inches REAR...2" FRONT.

I only have 315 Mich Pilot Sports right now.....but I can easily fit 325, 335 or 345 tires on there. I have almost 2 full inches of room right now with my 315's. If ever supercharge or turbo my car....I'll go 345 tires.

Do it.......

Name:  photo%201%202_zpsbi4pvyvz.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  219.3 KB

Name:  photo%202%202_zpsrnucmvrh.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  253.2 KB

Old 10-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Teching In

I think you got some undercoating on your potato camera.

Got any pics of the finished work? Would love to see a good picture of what that much clearance looks like.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by power5
I think you got some undercoating on your potato camera.

Got any pics of the finished work? Would love to see a good picture of what that much clearance looks like.
Who me?

My wheels will be off in about 2 weeks after I get back home. I can get some pictures of my rear wells.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bandit2000
MyLs1.com BFH Mod camaro - YouTube

Get your hammer, cigarette and a big *** pipe and go to town. No chance those are gonna fit under that car especially with it being lowered. Even if it wasn't lowered they would still rub and poke. You can maybe get away with running spacers, but they are gonna have to be real big. They are gonna poke a **** ton and from what I read they wear wheel bearings faster. I really would suggest you just do the BFH mod and respray it black.You might need to cut the bump stops too. Roll the fenders while you're at it and call it a day.

I get you care about your car, I love both my f-bodies, but they are a dime a dozen. Personally I could care less about resale value. If that is what your are concerned about (not trying to sound like a dick) then sell the rims or give them back to your friend. If you don't care about selling the car and plan to keep it forever, then do the above, and make them fit. **** can't stay new forever.
Use a 2x4 piece of wood to do the smacking of the inner well. Metal can rip through too easy. Wood will not.
Metal sledge + 2x4 wood....................

Old 10-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS6427
Who me?

My wheels will be off in about 2 weeks after I get back home. I can get some pictures of my rear wells.

Would appreciate it.

Quick Reply: 325 Grand Sport rim/tire in the rear? Who is a rim and tire guru?