Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anyone ever break a wheel spacer/adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Anyone ever break a wheel spacer/adaptor

I've seen lots of people on here use spacers or adaptors but haven't read anything about any breaking. Has anybody ever busted one? Or are they bullet proof?
Old 02-21-2017, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Different situation but it was some aluminum wheel adapter spacers on a 67 vw bug it sheared the bolts right off the spacers we were flat towing it to its new home. I will always be leary of them. I have zero clue of what there quality was or where they came from as the original owner purchased them.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

rather amazed with the power some people are putting to the ground and the number who are using adaptors that I haven't heard of problems
Old 03-03-2017, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I beat on my 1.5" spacers on my Jeep Grand Cherokee pretty hard. I wheel with it, slide it around, burnouts, stump jumping, all that. They're solid. I retorque them everytime I have the wheels off.

Where people run into problems is with the shorter spacers the original lugs can be long enough to hit the rim, standing taller than the spacer wheel face. Then the wheel never sits flat and stresses the studs. We had a Dodge 2500 flop a wheel in the parking lot after all the studs broke.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever break a wheel spacer/adaptor