Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How to polish my new Iforged wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How to polish my new Iforged wheels?

I am getting a set of Iforged fully polished wheels and they will need a touch up polishing. What is the best polish and best method for easy and safe polishing?

I have some blue coral metal polish that worked great on the polished lip of my Roja wheels but these are fully polished and I unfamiliar with how prone to scratching and scaring the Iforged wheels are?

I have heard of people using a drill with an attachment to polishe the wheels to save labor time..............anyone know anything about this method? Thanks for any help

Cajun
Old 08-31-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No do not use a drill.... swirl marks man......... The best polish id made by Mothers. Mothers Billit is the best polish. Runs about $14 a can. Just use a soft rag and apply it on and do the whole wheel.... then move onto the next wheel and move around the car. When finished with all 4 buff off the first one with a new clean soft rag. I did mine once a week when i waxed the car. Be sure to dry your wheels every time you wash them and it helps in the end.
Kyle
Old 08-31-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll second Mother's Billet with a terry cloth towel.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its some good stuff, used it quite a few times on prevous cars. if you stay on top of it, its makes keeping looking nice real easy. thats one of the best C5's I've ever seen by the way