Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I need spacers.. Where can I buy them online?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I need spacers.. Where can I buy them online?

I installed 18x9.5 OEM Y2ks on the rear of my Camaro and the passenger side rubs. I also installed an Eibach prokit?

Since the passenger side is the only one rubbing, does it mean that my rear shifted and I need an Adj. PHR. or will spacers work?

I'm lost..
Old 09-01-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC the OEM Y2K Vette wheels have a lot of positive offset, so that might be a contributor to your problem. With that said, however, I would suggest using a plumb-bob and measuring the distance between the fender and wheel on each side. Compare the two measurements and if they are significantly different then you may benefit from an adjustable PHR. If they are very close, then you may want to look into spacers or different rear wheel offsets.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can pick up 1/4" or 5/16" spacers at almost any Pep Boys or Autozone type store. They run about $5-6 each. I've used the 1/4" forever on the rears with no problem. I wouldn't recommend them AT ALL on the fronts. They will make the rear tires sit a little further out, quite nicely.

I would, however, recommend a good double adj panhard bar. Makes adjusting for things like bigger wheels and lowering sooo much easier.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:06 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need an adj. PHR......