Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Has anybody used wheels from Vintage Wheel Works???

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anybody used wheels from Vintage Wheel Works???

Has anyone used these wheels located athttp://www.www.vintagewheelworks.com/v45.html ?

I was just curious, they look good. But, they told me that in order to a get 50mm offset, the center sticks out about 1/2 inch. The most they can do without sticking out is 35mm. What do you guys think?

Carlos Villalon, Jr.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jurisz28
Has anyone used these wheels located athttp://www.www.vintagewheelworks.com/v45.html ?

I was just curious, they look good. But, they told me that in order to a get 50mm offset, the center sticks out about 1/2 inch. The most they can do without sticking out is 35mm. What do you guys think?

Carlos Villalon, Jr.
Actually I re-read the e-mail and now I'm confused. He states "Unfortunately we have no way to get to +50mm on this wheel without the center disc protruding past the drop center of the outer barrel. The most we can go without it sticking out is about +35mm. If we went to +50mm it would stick out about 1/2". We have built them like this for several customers so it is no big deal to build them, if you don't mind being able to see the edge of the center disc." I take it as the center portion goes beyond the lip below it.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclamation

. . . I take it as the center portion goes beyond the lip below it.
Correct. Take a Look at the photos in ths Album (below), go down about 16 pictures to the shots called "Close up of front wheel center and hoop profile" and "Close up of rear wheel center and hoop profile" . Those pics should show you what they mean by the center will be past the center "hump".

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/build...UNT=4394&KEY=7

Although I have questions for you. What size wheel? Reason I ask is because depending on your wheel size 50 mm offset may not be required.

Last edited by Xsta Z 28; 10-14-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Correct. Take a Look at the photos in ths Album (below), go down about 16 pictures to the shots called "Close up of front wheel center and hoop profile" and "Close up of rear wheel center and hoop profile" . Those pics should show you what they mean by the center will be past the center "hump".

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/build...UNT=4394&KEY=7

Although I have questions for you. What size wheel? Reason I ask is because depending on your wheel size 50 mm offset may not be required.
I see exactly what he was talking about now. Thanks. I'm thinking that some 17 x 9.5's would do the trick. I was also thinking that I could probably get away with a 45mm backspace.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I see exactly what he was talking about now. Thanks. I'm thinking that some 17 x 9.5's would do the trick. I was also thinking that I could probably get away with a 45mm backspace.
You can get away with 38 mm. Thats what my 17" x 9.5" Fikse FM'5s are. If you are lowered the wheel well lip on the pass side "may" contact the tire, similar to the pics in my album.

Torq Thrust 2's come with a 44 mm offset. FYI