Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anybody order Firehawk Wheels from SLP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody order Firehawk Wheels from SLP?

Was thinking of getting a set of the Firehawk wheels from SLP. Are these the same wheels installed on Firehawks? Has anyone here ordered and installed these wheels? How do you like them? What tires did you use? any pics?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

SLP is the one that made the firehawk, they are the rims that firehawks come with and not reproductions
Old 10-20-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had to order a replacement for one of mine when I got a railroad tie in my tire that also decided to instantly puncture the wheel.

Anyway, long story short -- CHECK the wheels over VERY VERY well when you get them. I ordered mine and had to send it back twice (luckily I worked at Discount Tire at the time), but they don't package them very well. One the lip was busted, the next was WAY out of round.

Very nice looking wheel, and my original ones have stood up to some nasty potholes in Atlanta and Houston.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

I have a set of crome firehalks wheels. That I want to trade or sell with brand new 275/40X17 Nitto 555. Let me know pics in sig. or call 256-509-1818. harley_hunt@yahoo.com
Old 10-20-2004, 06:56 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you do do NOT get the Firehawk wheels in silver, the clear coat flakes like you would not believe. My wheels look horrible and I will be getting them professionally refinished by people who know how to apply quality paint and clear coat properly. The cost is $75 per wheel. I believe the chrome Firehawks don't have the same poor quality finish as their painted wheels.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Teching In

I have had both chrome and Silver. I popped a Curb and bent one of the Silver ones. The hit was hard enough to bent the axel and it still didn't chip the silver paint.

Aren't the Chrome ones like $300.00 now? you can get a much nicer rims for that kinda money. They used to be cheaper.