Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

difference between models

Old 11-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between models

I have researched a little on street/strip tires and have decided to go with Nittos because 98% of time will be on street as daily driver. Only question is what is difference between 555, 555R, and 555IIR? Which one is the Nitto so often referred to in forums?
Old 11-06-2004, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

The 555 is a regular street tire. The 555R is their drag radial that has a very soft compound and will last up to ~15K miles. They have a soft sidewall that is good for drag racing. The 555RII is their road race tire. The tread is soft like the drag radial, but it has stiffer side walls for better cornering abilities.

The 555R is what most people on the boards use. It has good street manners and does well at the track. Just don't drive them in the rain once the tread gets low.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WillieD
The 555 is a regular street tire. The 555R is their drag radial that has a very soft compound and will last up to ~15K miles. They have a soft sidewall that is good for drag racing. The 555RII is their road race tire. The tread is soft like the drag radial, but it has stiffer side walls for better cornering abilities.

The 555R is what most people on the boards use. It has good street manners and does well at the track. Just don't drive them in the rain once the tread gets low.
exactly, i will recomend the 555R for street/strip use. they are a very soft compound that takes just a little warming up to make them very sticky. also they handle great on the street, with a comfortable ride. most of the members are referring to the 555R, thats what got my vote to try them out.

Search this Thread