Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

bought ET Streets

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought ET Streets

I just bought some 27" ET Streets for my 16X8 stockers. I got the 27" so it'll look badass to give me an extra inch of ground clearance for my duals. My car only sees sunny days. I've never driven with wrinkle wall tires, but the guy I bought them from said I'd be fine (he daily drives a 11sec Nova w/Sportsman tires).
I'm keeping my old tires on junker rims in case these are too much for the street. What do I need to know? My car is all city miles with 5-10min spent on the highway per month. Will it wobble alot at these speeds, what about the dragstrip? I assume that tubes would make them much safer right?

I'm pulling a 2.3 60ft on my mud&snow allseasons, hopefully despite the overkill tire I'll pull at least a 2.0 now I'll post up my before/after times if the weather ever clears up down here. I'll still be launching off idle in fear of my 4.11 10 bolt though
Old 11-18-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Just dpn't ever drive them on rain alot of people have hade accidents with them in the rain.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I don't plan to. Have a 4x4 truck and my back-up tires in case it breaks down. I'm gonna try them without tubes first. I guess my main question is:
How wobbly should I expect them to be around 35psi/70mph on the highway or around 20-25psi toward the end of the track?