Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Cleaning dirty wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning dirty wheels

I have some polished Z06 wheels that have gotten really dirty. They have a mix of brake dust and dirt and grime on them. I tried just using hot water and soap and that did nothing. Anybody have any ideas on how to get them clean again. I need to sell them. Thanks, Chris
Old 01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will probably have to polish them. Try Wenol first. If that doesn't work then I would try Never Dull from Eagle one. Wenol is not as abrasive that's why I said use it first. If you do have to use Never Dull first. Then for ultimate shine use the Wenol after. Just go grab some terry cloths from your local parts store to apply and then buff out. Do small section's at a time and take your time. It's worth the effort. I used to have a set of Billet Specialties and I polished them once a month. It took me about three hours to do them. But of cource I used cotton ***** and Q-tips to apply the polish.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:21 PM
11 Second Club

The Neverdull won't have much effect on them. I would recommend Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish and then finishing with Mother's Billet Polish. I've used Neverdull before and it doesn't take out waterspots at all.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Teching In

i would also recomend weno worked great on my wheels still takes some elbow grease though
Old 01-22-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm fixing to order some Wenol I did the 1,2 mothers combo, spending over 2hrs on each wheel (only done 2 so far). And I still have little spots left. The wheels are like a month old! I used microfibers to apply/buff, and on the the R.R. a dremel with buffing wheel to get some out, but then i would have to polish the hell out of it to get the small scratchs.

is the wenol red some hardcore stuff?