Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Steps for BFH mod and rolled fender lips

Old 01-15-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steps for BFH mod and rolled fender lips

I'm am going to be installing 19x 11 rims in the rear of my 02 WS/6 and I know I need to use a BFH and roll the fender lips but before I go and bash and bend my car up could someone who's been through this before offer any advice on 1)the steps I should take 2) the tools I should use and 3)how far to go with both of these?

Thanks for any advice, my car will definitely appreciate it .
Old 01-15-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone have any advice?
Old 01-15-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would use the fender roller from Eastwood. I bought it but I know that Fulton 1 rents it out. PM him and he can help you out. I didn't want to take the baseball bat to my fenders like others do because I knew that I would mess up something doing that. The results from the fender roller were better than I expected. They came out great.

When you do the BFH mod, drive the car around 1st and then take the wheel off and you will see where it rubs. It will more than likely be a bump on the inner fender on the side toward the front of the car. When you look you will see it. Just beat the bump down and reunder coat that area and then you will be good.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I put 315's on my car I did that, too. Just drive around and take a few hard corners, as well as some dips in the road to compress the suspension, then take off the wheels and tap in the places it rubbed. Works great, and mine no longer rub.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Be sure to scribe the paint just inside the edge of the wheel well opening with a razor blade or something sharp.

This will act as a breaking point to keep your paint from cracking/peeling outside the wheel well from the flex du to rolling the lip.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Be sure to scribe the paint just inside the edge of the wheel well opening with a razor blade or something sharp.

This will act as a breaking point to keep your paint from cracking/peeling outside the wheel well from the flex du to rolling the lip.

If you heat the paint with a heat gun there isn't any need to do that. I just heated up the paint with the heat gun and it didn't crack the paint. There are others that have used the heat gun and didn't crack the paint either. Its worth the $20 to save the paint
Old 01-16-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=01 Red WS6} drive the car around 1st and then take the wheel off and you will see where it rubs. It will more than likely be a bump on the inner fender on the side toward the front of the car. When you look you will see it. Just beat the bump down and reunder coat that area and then you will be good.[/QUOTE]

If your doing a slight roll of the lip like you described above the paint will most likely be fine.

If your rolling the lip flat against the wheel house for max tire clearance you will need to scribe the paint, paint does not stretch. If you look closely even the galvanizing will seperate or split from the stretch. My car is lowered with 18/10.5" wheels and 295/35 tires, I couldnt even drive the car without rolling the lip.

By the way, I like the stripe on your hood, I also have a red 01 WS6 and a 30th WS6.

Last edited by Jeremiah; 07-04-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
If your doing a slight roll of the lip like you described above the paint will most likely be fine.

If your rolling the lip flat against the wheel house for max tire clearance you will need to scribe the paint, paint does not stretch. If you look closely even the galvanizing will seperate or split from the stretch. My car is lowered with 18/10.5" wheels and 295/35 tires, I couldnt even drive the car without rolling the lip.

By the way, I like the stripe on your hood, I also have a red 01 WS6 and a 30th WS6.

Well I guess since I didn't roll the lip flat up against the fender that would be why I didn't get the cracking. My fender lip is rolled up alot but not flat.

I like that camaro. I like the way you smoothed the back bumper and the front grille area. Looks real nice.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up Nice Ride!!

[QUOTE=Jeremiah][QUOTE=01 Red WS6} drive the car around 1st and then take the wheel off and you will see where it rubs. It will more than likely be a bump on the inner fender on the side toward the front of the car. When you look you will see it. Just beat the bump down and reunder coat that area and then you will be good.[/QUOTE]

Very nice ride Jeremiah....Did you buy your wheels locally or online? I'm new to Yukon and looking for new wheels and tires for my 02 Z...

Last edited by silver02Z; 01-18-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver02Z
Very nice ride Jeremiah....Did you buy your wheels locally or online? I'm new to Yukon and looking for new wheels and tires for my 02 Z...

Thanks, I bought them from Wheelsboutique.com in Miami Fl.

Search this Thread