Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Beware Of Ordering From Centerline!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beware Of Ordering From Centerline!

let me say first that I have been a centerline fan for many years.I have been buying centerline wheels since 1978.The last 2 1/2 years my wife and I both had 4th gen f-bodys.I bought centerline wheels for both cars.I thought it was time for a change and orderd a new set for my camaro.I got the new wheels.I had new tires mounted on these wheels I got home and saw one of the wheels lip stuck out past the tire and thought it was due to tire not mounted right.I just spent 20.00 having it mounted.So I chose to take the car to a tire co who had a better machine.I took it to the shop and they remounted it another 25.00 out of my pocket.I complained that it could not be right because these where brand new wheels they showed me how the lip on one of the back wheels was much bigger than the rest.Now I have over 100.00 in mounting tires.I called centerline and explained the problem.I was very upset that I just spent all that money buying wheels and Did not get the quality that they normaly provided.Who ever QA'ed those wheels did a very bad job.I am a disabled vet living on a VA pension so my money is always tight.The responce I got from the warrenty dpt was very rude,I just wanted the wheel to look like the other 3 did.Ron first said he would not replace the wheel.then told me to send them all back and he would refund my money.I no longer have another set of wheels to put the tires on.Ron then said for me to take my business to another wheel co.I just wanted you guys to know the type of people you are dealing with.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm kinda confused over this whole thing...you've had multiple sets of their wheels and just got a bad batch...they are offering to take them back (what they should do) however they tell you to go to another company...that makes NO sense...why would anyone tell anyone not to buy their product...oh well that sucks man hope you get everything resolved...
Old 03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you don't mind me asking what type of disability do you have...driving a m6 z28? i'm curious
Old 03-03-2005, 10:03 PM
9 Second Club

sorry to hear that. i would think that if you took some digital pics of the wheels and called thier corporate office and explained it to them, you may get a more possitive response. give them your order # and offer to send them the pics you have and perhaps a written statement from both shops stating that the wheels were new and that it was a defect. i hope you don't give up with just one call. most problems of this nature takes repeated calls and lots of patience. but definately make at least the one call to the top and tell them your story. good luck.

later,
Dave
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 PM
wrencher

I would also think some fault should lie on your & the first tire installers shoulders. It should have been noticed that there was a difference in the rear wheels. They never should have been mounted, but sent back for replacement. That way they dont have a couple of 'used wheels' & you dont rack up a bill mounting tires. I think their only responsibility is to provide you with a matched set of wheels, & take care of the shipping. Did you ask them for all the mounting $$ you spent? I woundn't think anyone would cover that. It is your responsibility to inspect all parts. The tire store should have as well. Get your money back from them.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

When I got the wheels I looked for any damage and could not see anything that looked like it was out of the ordnery.I bought the wheels directly from centerline so they are my direct contact.I have a ruptured spinal cord and many other spinal problems.I spend a lot of time at the VA and when feeling well enough I like to polish and detail my car. I normally just take it to car shows and cruise's.I'm not allowed to do much so my car is kind of the only thing I can still have fun with.Yes and it being a M6 does make it a little ruff riding in.I did not ask them for any money refund for mounting and unmounting tires.All I wanted was for the one wheel to be replaced to match the others.If I had another set of wheels I would still lose out because of the cost of unmounting and remounting.then getting another set of wheels and paying again.There is a wheel repair shop here in town and I will see if they can fix what I have.I did try talking to the warrenty dpt at centerline but they were so rude they did not give me much of a chance.I was going to have a friend come over and shoot some pictures of the wheels but now I think it is not worth me getting upset over dealing with people like that.They said it was only a cosmetic problem and they would not replace a wheel over that.That's why I bought the wheels for looks.They kind of give the car a old school look.thanks for all of your sugestions.I just wanted to let the guys looking for wheels know what had just happend to me.

Last edited by ed f; 03-04-2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

I work for Enkei wheel corporation. It sounds is as if one wheel was actaully the incorrect offset, thus resulting in a larger lip on just one wheel. Either way, if the error is on their part they owe you a new wheel.

I know i wouldnt stop untill i got my wheel.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

That is some pretty poor customer service. I would think that they would want you to take some pics and send at least the one wheel back, but thats pretty shitty that the guy told you to take your business elsewhere. I would try to cal one of the higher ups and explain your situation and how you were treated. Ive had one person tell me to take my business elsewhere when I complained about him replacing a part that didnt need to be replaced and trying to charge me for it. Seems he did it once too many times since with my loss of business cam the loss of my families business on all of our vehicles. A total of 8 cars. They went out of business 9 months later.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for your support,I drove the car to a local wheel repair place here in tampa.They laughed at it and said it looked retarded.They also said they could fix there screw up and make it match the others.My friend is going to come over to night and take pictures of the two back wheels and show the diffrence.I'll try and get them posted as soon as I can.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Teching In

PM sent.

I can't stand poor customer service!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

I have pictures of the two back wheels.I don't know how to past them here.can somebody please post them for me.I can email the pictures to you.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
wrencher

Well that is raw if they wont fix them for 'cosmetic problem'
They do owe you a pair of matched wheels, I wouln't stop until I got them.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Email them to me danwade@pacbell.net and I will post them for you.

Dan
Old 03-06-2005, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

thanks a lot I'll get them right to you.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Ok, here is the Pics for you..

Old 03-06-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn, that def ain't right. It's not like a TB that has a scratch on it that no one will see, it's one of the first things anyone notices about a car. That's ridiculous that they won't cover a defect that their product inherently points out. Good luck with all this.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 777
i'm kinda confused over this whole thing...you've had multiple sets of their wheels and just got a bad batch...they are offering to take them back (what they should do) however they tell you to go to another company...that makes NO sense...why would anyone tell anyone not to buy their product...oh well that sucks man hope you get everything resolved...
What Centerline SHOULD do is replace the wheel with overnight shipping and comp their customer for the incurred mounting charges. Their offering to take the wheels back is a minimal attempt at customer service (they'll sell them to someone else) and by telling him to go somewhere else they're basically saying, "We're Centerline. We do what we want. We don't need your money. We don't want to deal with you. Go be someone else's problem."
Old 03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

centerline resonded and said their people said the pictures you see here are within centerline standards.So you guys be the judge.I would greatly appreciate If you fellow board members would send your thoughts about their shitty work to nicole@centerlinewheels.com .I have already had the wheels mounted and dismounted 2 times because I thought the first tire mounters did a bad job so I had it done at a diffrent shop with the same results except the 2nd shop pointed out the wheel diffrences.If I return the wheels I will have to pay for dismounting and remounting once I get a set of wheels to put on it.It would have been cheaper for centerline wheels to send me 2 good wheels.Thanks for all your support...ed friedhoff
Old 03-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ed f
centerline resonded and said their people said the pictures you see here are within centerline standards.
If that's the case then it's a good thing they don't build engines....
Old 03-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Teching In

From someone in the market for some wheels... I will not be ordering from Centerline.

Email sent