Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

winter & ws6

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter & ws6

I know im posting this in the wrong section but I figured I would get more replies here.

I have a few questions:
First off I live in Chicago. We get pretty bad winters and I was curious on what I could do to have the best handling during the winter? Are there any tires that I could put on that would help? Everyone tells me theres no way I can get one because of the snow. There has to be a way. I really want a ws6 and this is the only thing standing in my way. What does everyone else do? (Please don't say I keep it in my garage)

Also, I was looking to get a ws6 for around 18-19k. Is that possible? I was gonna try and get one with around 30-40k miles on it for that price. How much did everyone pay for theirs?

Insurance... ahhhh! I was thinking of putting the car under my dads name and then paying what it cost on him instead of putting hte car in my name. But im still probably looking at 250-300 a month. What do you guys pay?

Thanks for the help and wish me luck on finding my ws6
Old 03-07-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Yep wrong section and better responses to be had in the LINK .

IMO it will boil doen to tires and from experience the dedicated winter tires out handle any all season and with a WS6 and it torque it is a good idea to get dedicated winter tires.

Also, the 16x8 did well and I wish I did not have to sell my tires a month ago.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

You will not like attempting to drive it with the standard tires and any measurable amount of frozen precip (snow/ice) on the road. I could take my third gen vert through blizzards with no problems. My new (to me) ws6, with the stock tires, with or without TCS on, is more than a handful in the snow.

If you must drive it in the snow, get some downsized rims and snow tires. And be sure to keep the salt washed off. Won't handle any better, but it will last longer.