Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Incredibly old question, I know...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Incredibly old question, I know...

I know, people ask this crap a million times. I tried the will it fit thread but frankly I'm rim/tiring sizing stupid so I need it clearly spelled out for me
I'm planning on buying a set of Cragars... 18x9's all around. The ones I've found are a 30mm offset. Should I try for a different offset? I'm sure these will fit right? Important question being.. what tire sizes should I run on both front and rear? 2000 SS, not lowered and no intention of lowering it.
Thanks,
Jeremiah
Old 04-14-2005, 06:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Incredibly old question, I know...

Never say never. I didn't think I would lower my 1997 SS convertible either, but I decided to about a year ago because I like the stance of the F-bodies that have been lowered.

If you go with the Cragar S/S wheel in a +.30 offset you will probably get some rubbing on the rear fender lip IF you ever lower your car. Most likely won't be a problem if you do not ever lower your car.

I have the 18X9 BULLET wheels (basically the same wheel) in stock with a +.36 offset. These will work better on a car that has been lowered and I seriously doubt that you would notice any difference between the +.30 offset and the +.36 offset visually.

http://12.216.128.145/camaroclub/php...2b63ff4581a99a

Here is the same wheel on my 2002 Phase II ZL1 Supercar. These wheels are a +.32 offset and came on it new when it was produced/modified by GMMG, Inc. As a sidenote, all GMMG cars were lowered too with an Eibach Pro-Kit. Also, the photo below was taken at the 7th Annual Supercar Reunion across the river from you in Collinsville, Illinois Labor Day weekend of 2004.

http://12.216.128.145/camaroclub/php...2b63ff4581a99a

FLY BY U here on this forum just bought a set of these wheels within the last couple of weeks from me. PM him and see what he thinks of them and of me.

I see you're in the St. Louis area. Do you know any of the guys in the Gateway Camaro Club there? I know of couple of them (Steve Blumfelder and Jim Hairston).

Regarding your tire question, IF you don't lower your car, you can probably run a P275/40ZR18. If you think you're going to lower it, you might be better off running a P275/35ZR18.

Last edited by 02_Phase2_ZL1; 04-14-2005 at 06:52 AM.