Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about HP evo's??

Old 05-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about HP evo's??

Alright I think I will buy these rims. But before I do, got some question to those who own a set. How is the quality, the price is kind of throwing me off? Very nice looking rim, but low price, what gives? And what offset and all that will I need. I looked at "the does it fit" thread, but that was like reading latin to me. Any sites with good prices for them, Ive only found one so far, wheelguyz.com. Im mainly concerned on the quality really, does the chrome chip easily, and etc...
Old 05-01-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

The quality of the rims is great especially for the price. They are so cheap because they look like they are two or three piece rims but they are in fact one piece cast aluminum wheels. You can find them on ebay as well for a good price.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Ok, I just bought a set from wheelguyz and here is my experiance. The got there, one tire was not mounted right, would not hold air, and on top of that it was scrached. Opened all four and found two others had a big gouge in them like when they were mounting them it chipped a piece off. So I call them...and call.....and call. Left about 4 messages and the recording said they would contact me within 24 hours....3 days go by so I call again talk to the manager, first he tried to get me to take them locally and get the one remounted, try to "polish" out the scratches and he would refund me $50 on each damaged wheel, I said no way. So after 26 calls later they finally came and picked them up. Now lets see how long it will take to get my new ones here. Sorry so long but don't buy from them, their customer service sucks.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuck
Ok, I just bought a set from wheelguyz and here is my experiance. The got there, one tire was not mounted right, would not hold air, and on top of that it was scrached. Opened all four and found two others had a big gouge in them like when they were mounting them it chipped a piece off. So I call them...and call.....and call. Left about 4 messages and the recording said they would contact me within 24 hours....3 days go by so I call again talk to the manager, first he tried to get me to take them locally and get the one remounted, try to "polish" out the scratches and he would refund me $50 on each damaged wheel, I said no way. So after 26 calls later they finally came and picked them up. Now lets see how long it will take to get my new ones here. Sorry so long but don't buy from them, their customer service sucks.
I wouldn't ever deal with Wheelguyz again after what they did to my order. I placed an order for the HPR5's for my girlfriend Celica. They charged the card that same day and told us they were in stock two weeks later nothing shows up. I call them over and over and get transferred back and forth and they finally tell us that there inventory was wrong and they were on back order. The only reason we got our money back so fast was because we contacted our credit card company and they reversed the charge.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

The seem to fit fine on my car.
I get alot of compliments on these wheels alot.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

I bought mine from wheelguyz and while they were a little difficult to get ahold of, I had no problems with my order or the product when it arrived. Sure hope things work out for ya shuck.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shuck
I have to agree. They have this real nice/professional sounding recording when you call, but the service sucks. I ordered 18x9 evos dark on 3/28 and was told that it would take 10 days to 2 weeks......2 weeks go by and I start calling. No return phone calls - EVER. Transferred all over, then one person flat out lied to me and told me my wheels had been shipped. Finally, after a month, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 19x9.5's since a manager finally admitted that they oversold the 18x9's. I had to threaten to cancel the order with my credit card if the 19's didn't arrive within a few days (I only live an hour and half from Wheelguyz). They arrived and appear perfect and look awesome. We'll see how well they're balanced after installation this week. Although, I will say the manager gave me a decent discount on the 19's.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by markl67
I have to agree. They have this real nice/professional sounding recording when you call, but the service sucks. I ordered 18x9 evos dark on 3/28 and was told that it would take 10 days to 2 weeks......2 weeks go by and I start calling. No return phone calls - EVER. Transferred all over, then one person flat out lied to me and told me my wheels had been shipped. Finally, after a month, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 19x9.5's since a manager finally admitted that they oversold the 18x9's. I had to threaten to cancel the order with my credit card if the 19's didn't arrive within a few days (I only live an hour and half from Wheelguyz). They arrived and appear perfect and look awesome. We'll see how well they're balanced after installation this week. Although, I will say the manager gave me a decent discount on the 19's.
To be honest, I got lucky with the shipping, I ordered them and two days later they were shipped and here in four days. If they would not have been mounted wrong or scratched I would have had a decent experience but there customer service SUCKS ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they do not ship my new wheels by this week I will call my bank and better business Bureu and report them as a fraudulant company.

Oh and if someone feels they have to order from wheel guys, here is a hint, if you call and get a quote, don't order call back about 3-4 times, each time they gave me a different quote for the same stuff. I called 6 times and ended up getting them $90 cheaper than the first price I recieved from them.

Search this Thread