Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

315's and lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 315's and lowered?

I just put 315's on my car and i was wondering if there are any clearnce issues with lowered cars. I was considering putting the pro kit on and wondering if i would run into some problems.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

what kind of tire are you running? Some 315 brand tires run smaller the other 315 tires, do you have adjustable panhard rod? that will help with centering the rear end up some. You may have to do the BFH mod (big f***ing hammer) with the inner fender wells, and you may have to roll the inner fenders lips also because you may have rubbing issues also. Modding also varies to which rims you have, some rims have more offset then others, meaning that some wheels may further out the fender well. IMO, I would either the BMR springs or the Hothkis springs, they are about a 1" drop, so if you do have rubbing issues, they won't be as major as running the pro-kit, which some say sags in the rear BTW. Are you running stock shocks also? Aftermarket shocks may be stiffer then the stock shocks, which will also help in minimizing suspension travel, which will reduce rubbing in the rear also. Just some things to think about
Old 05-22-2005, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

My car had nitto 315's and sportlines and it only rubbed on the inner well in a spot the size of a quarter. No problems at all.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have 315's on widened WS6 rims, and tried the BF Hammer mod after swaping in the SLP SS/Firehawk springs for the stockers. Well, it didn't help enough, and the side of my 315 caught the fender lip... and now I have a new 315. It sliced a big piece of rubber out of the sidewall, and somehow I caught a nail in the sidewall in the process.

Anyway, before the new tire goes back on the car I've had the fenders rolled as well. I hope that helps. This is a VERY expensive lesson to learn.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

I have Sumitomo tires in the rear. It will rub every now and then with passengers and turning in an entrance with a dip. It is sitting back down alot after jacking it up and am kinda liking the way it looks. I was really trying to avoid rolling the fenders b/c i have seem them rolled and the guy has dimples on the fenders.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlickWillie
I just put 315's on my car and i was wondering if there are any clearnce issues with lowered cars. I was considering putting the pro kit on and wondering if i would run into some problems.
youll be alright, you might have to hammer in a little on the drivers sideb/c it might rub when you turn hard to the right. it did for me anyway, now i have no issues.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

I have them on mine with the pro kit and had no problems at all. No rubbing and no modding needed.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has been discussed so many times, it's not funny. Do a search for 315. You will find pics and everything.

You'll probably have to roll the fender lips, all you need to do is turn them up at a 45* angle. It may still rub on big dips, but you just want to prevent cutting, rubbing is OK.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SlickWillie
I have Sumitomo tires in the rear. It will rub every now and then with passengers and turning in an entrance with a dip. It is sitting back down alot after jacking it up and am kinda liking the way it looks. I was really trying to avoid rolling the fenders b/c i have seem them rolled and the guy has dimples on the fenders.
I also have 315/35/17 sumitomo with sportline drop i installed a rear swaybar and new rear shocks and my car don't rub and i install a rear air bag on the spring for when i take passengers.