Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question: 315's on a 9 1/2 in. rim, don't know if i need to roll fender?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: 315's on a 9 1/2 in. rim, don't know if i need to roll fender?

Just bought a set of 9 1/2 in zr1's with a 56mm offset. I know in order to clear 315's I either need to roll the rear fender or trim the bump stop inside the wheel well. I heard that this all depends on the offset of the wheel. If anyone can let me know what it is I have to do I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Launching!

315's on a 9.5" wide wheel is not good. 315's are for 11" wide wheels. You need to use 275's.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah 285 MAX! But 315's is just stupid....
Old 06-19-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you run nitto 315's they should be okay. I have nitto 315's on a 10.5 inch rim and they fit perfectly, so on the 9.5 you might have a little buldge but they should be okay(they might not look great, but they should hold up okay). Cobra guys do it all the time and I have yet to hear any problems from them.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by satinleafct
If you run nitto 315's they should be okay. I have nitto 315's on a 10.5 inch rim and they fit perfectly, . . . .
Becuase 315s FIT on a 10.5" wheel . . .

Cobra guys do it all the time and I have yet to hear any problems from them.
There's good advice . . .

315's ARE RECOMMENDED FOR A 10" WIDE WHEEL MINIMUM!!!! Do you think the tire manufacturer's make this **** up???
Old 06-20-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you run nitto 315's they should be okay
All I was trying to say is that if he runs nitto 315's he should be okay, as far as rubbing or rolling the fenders is concerned.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think ya'll scared him off. I agree xsta z28 100%!
Old 06-20-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

315's will fit fine on a 9.5 inch rim, the ½ inch doesn't make near as much a difference as what all of the drama queens make it out to be. Again, I have asked numerous times for first hand examples of catastrophic tire failures due to a tire being on a rim that is a ½ inch narrower than the manufacturer's specifications. So far, I have not been presented with any but there are an awful lot of "experts" out there that like to tell everyone that they are wrong and of course, the "experts" will always be right. Also again, if we want to argue manufacturer's specifications, this board is full of members that mod their cars with modifications (while under warranty) that the manufacturers would not approve of or consider safe. But, we don't hear any moaning and groaning about those mods (i.e., superchargers, turbos and nitrous just to name a few). So, we might as well go into the other forums (external engine, forced induction and suspension) and start bashing all of them for adding modifications that "Don't meet the manufacturer's specifications." Enough said!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
315's will fit fine on a 9.5 inch rim, the ½ inch doesn't make near as much a difference as what all of the drama queens make it out to be. Again, I have asked numerous times for first hand examples of catastrophic tire failures due to a tire being on a rim that is a ½ inch narrower than the manufacturer's specifications. So far, I have not been presented with any but there are an awful lot of "experts" out there that like to tell everyone that they are wrong and of course, the "experts" will always be right.
if you opened your eyes I know of at least two posted . . .

Also again, if we want to argue manufacturer's specifications, this board is full of members that mod their cars with modifications (while under warranty) that the manufacturers would not approve of or consider safe. But, we don't hear any moaning and groaning about those mods (i.e., superchargers, turbos and nitrous just to name a few). So, we might as well go into the other forums (external engine, forced induction and suspension) and start bashing all of them for adding modifications that "Don't meet the manufacturer's specifications." Enough said!
Taken 100% out of context . . . .

None of those parts are the 4 VERY improtant items that keep your car on the road. Your life your car . . . . :thumbdown:

"Drama Queen" back at you!
Old 06-20-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Posted by: Xsta Z 28
Taken 100% out of context . . . .

None of those parts are the 4 VERY improtant items that keep your car on the road. Your life your car . . . . :thumbdown:

"Drama Queen" back at you!
Not very important, if you will open YOUR eyes you will see videos such as the new yellow Z06 vette that was destroyed by fire after a nitrous backfire that destroyed the car. But again, you are right, I have never heard of anyone being killed by fire and I am sure that it was not "Per manufacturer's specifications." I do know just enough to know that with power adders you add extra fuel which can be a risk. Suspension mods are fairly important too. I am sure that Chevrolet would not agree with guys running aftermarket K members on the road but many do it. But like stated above there are a certain "few" that are ALWAYS right and everyone else is wrong.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

run it if you want, but dont blame us for bad info if somthing happens. good luck
Old 06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Posted by: hpjunky98
run it if you want, but dont blame us for bad info if somthing happens. good luck
Did I consult you before I installed them? I don't remember doing so. I have had them on for nearly 5 years with no problems, wear or otherwise so the above statement is ignorant.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
Did I consult you before I installed them? I don't remember doing so. I have had them on for nearly 5 years with no problems, wear or otherwise so the above statement is ignorant.
This is done, if you can't remain sensible, then we won't discuss this. I left it open for us to discuss, no one here got rude until you popped in thowing comments such as drama queen, ignorant, face it, these post die because of people like you . . .

Sorry that you completely fail to recognise the issue, and pull issues that have absolutely no comparison to what is being stressed here.