Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Stock wheels & tires - fronts are rubbing!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock wheels & tires - fronts are rubbing!

I don't normally park may car with the wheels turned, but this morning after backing out of the garage I went to put the trash at the curb and noticed the front of the front tire was making slight contact with the plastic inner fender. After I got to work I looked at both sides and both have "clean" spots on the inner fender. They're both rubbing very slightly, and both are 100% factory stock wheels with Kumho Ecstas on them.

What's up with THAT??
Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That does happen, since the black plastic thingy can move a little, and tire widths do change from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it think thats a bit odd, but the tire sizes may be a lil different, but i dont know about that much different. i had stock wheels on my Z, then i put boyd Coddington smoothie 2's on and they stuck out a lil more in the front fender than stocks with no rubbing on a 245/45R17. now i have the same boyds and tires up front and i added an additional 1" wheel spacer. i can turn the wheel from lock to lock and still have no rubbing, but it is really close, and in a lil more than a fingers width between the two. mind you i have this room while the front tires are literally flush with the front fender edges.