Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

iForged owners, need your help..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default iForged owners, need your help..

sup fella's, i have some 3 peice aero's and im having trouble getting the dirt out from between the "mag" and the outer barrel..there's a 1mm gap or so between there that collects dirt and im having some build up and i cant get it out...what do you guys do to get it out...i thought of afew things, like a razor, but quickly dismissed that due to tring to prevent scratchs...tried a q-tip but that didnt work...only option i can think of now is high pressure water...any tips on getting the dirt out of that spot? here's a quick pic i took with my phone to show the gap..

thanks,
Jon
Old 07-10-2005, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

also, i noticed when it rains that water collects on the inside of the wheel, there's alil valley back there...and when i stop somewhere or pull over, it will seep through to the outside via that 1mm gap i was talking about and mess up my polish, add water stains, ect...has anyone tried to put some clear silicone, or sealent behind the mag on the inner barrel to keep water from coming through that lil gap?

another concern i had, was that valley im talking about on the inner barrel...i havent ever seen that before on a wheel and when it rains or when water gets caught in there, it causes the wheel to get thrown off balance, so bad one time i had to slow down and pull over to scoop the water out...my car was literlly shakin violently b/c of the water being trapped back there...anyone else experience this before? any ways of preventing it?

thanks again

JOn
Old 07-10-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't have a clue how to get the dirt out of the 1mm gap so your guess it as good as mine. Just don't get that razor blade anywhere near your wheels!

I just take a rag while polishing and shove it in the gap with a fingernail and clean the dirt out the best I can.

As far as the water trapping goes.............You have a reverse barrel wheel design that gives you that smooth outer lip by moving the barrel step to the inside instead of the outside of the wheel. This barrel step is what traps the water and is not unique to iForged wheels. Any other Fat Lip, Reverse Lip, Smooth Lip wheel (or what ever they call it) from Boyd Coddington, Budnik, Intro, etc. has this same design thus the same problem. Only solution is to not drive in the rain.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS LS1
I don't have a clue how to get the dirt out of the 1mm gap so your guess it as good as mine. Just don't get that razor blade anywhere near your wheels!

I just take a rag while polishing and shove it in the gap with a fingernail and clean the dirt out the best I can.

As far as the water trapping goes.............You have a reverse barrel wheel design that gives you that smooth outer lip by moving the barrel step to the inside instead of the outside of the wheel. This barrel step is what traps the water and is not unique to iForged wheels. Any other Fat Lip, Reverse Lip, Smooth Lip wheel (or what ever they call it) from Boyd Coddington, Budnik, Intro, etc. has this same design thus the same problem. Only solution is to not drive in the rain.
thanks man...appreciate the responce...after i posted i took the car to a car wash and used there high pressure water and got some of the dirt out...ill have to keep and eye out for another method, b/c its literly getting build up and you can see it...ill have to come up with something...as far as the lip goes, thank you for bring'ing (sp?) that to my attention...i never thought of the wheel like that before, now after you said that i can see how they reversed it...i guess that never dawned on me before

the car is my daily driver, so i dont really have the luxery (sp? again) of not driving it in the rain...wish i did though...anyhow, thanks again

Jon