Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Rear Jounce Bumper spacer from SLP worth getting for my 18s

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear Jounce Bumper spacer from SLP worth getting for my 18s

Spacers, Rear-Jounce-Bumper from SLP... Are they worth getting? I have 18s on my car and it does rub the rear wheel wells when I take hard turn. Will these fix the problem?

SLPs web page... Thier only $24.95
Old 11-22-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no...but a hammer will.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I knew that was gona come... This one is getting butcherd like the rest of them so a hammer is out of the question
Old 11-22-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where is it hitting, the inner wheel well or the quarter panel lip?

If it is the lip, then yes they will help, since they limit the rear axle travel.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from his description it doesnt sound like he's talking about the lip...but what do you mean "this one is getting butchered like the rest of them"?
if youre rubbing the inside of the wheel well, theres no other option but a hammer, or different (smaller) wheels and tires
Old 11-22-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

What I mean by that is that I am not gona bang up the nicest car i own with a hammer to fix the problem. I would do it with my 87 GTA I used to own or my 86 IROC that I have (thats what I mean by the rest of them.. My own cars.) It is rubbing on the inner quater.. Say your looking at the left rear tire... It is in the inside at the 9 oclock position where it rubs. If you look in you can see bare metal. Its about 3 inches long
Old 11-22-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
What I mean by that is that I am not gona bang up the nicest car i own with a hammer to fix the problem. I would do it with my 87 GTA I used to own or my 86 IROC that I have (thats what I mean by the rest of them.. My own cars.) It is rubbing on the inner quater.. Say your looking at the left rear tire... It is in the inside at the 9 oclock position where it rubs. If you look in you can see bare metal. Its about 3 inches long

lol dude, i was a little aprehensive about 'banging up' my car at first as well. i promise you its not a big deal...you can buy a can of the wheel-well liner **** and respray the areas you BFH'ed and it will look fine...besides that, its the INSIDE of your wells, you cant see them with the wheels on anyhow.
if you want to fix the problem, its very simple and would take 10 mins with a hammer.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont be scarrrd. Just beat it in and then take some flat black paint and paint over it.... blends in very well and solves your problem. Only other option is getting some longer studs and a small spacer.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LETHL_SS
Only other option is getting some longer studs and a small spacer.

which would look ghetto as **** if it made the wheel stick too far out

i personally did use flat black out of the rattle-can...you'd never know the difference

Last edited by 02blackws679ta; 11-22-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by CAMJAG
Fully respect your feelings but the BFH mod is no biggie, I did to my ragtop . . . Then a little undercoating or bed iner and no one will be any wiser. But seriously the jounce spacers are not going to fix that problem.

Quick Reply: Rear Jounce Bumper spacer from SLP worth getting for my 18s