Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Stay away from Lakeshore Wheel and Tire!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stay away from Lakeshore Wheel and Tire!

I would highly recommend staying away from using Lakeshore wheel and tire OR use extreme caution unless you want your money in Limbo. I placed an order with them on the phone in very early February. After a week+ they called me and said the size wheels I wanted for the front was on backorder and they would like to substitute it for a wider size wheel for no charge. With the wider wheel I wanted wider tires since the difference in wheel width was an inch. They said they could put some 275's on but they would be ~ $100/piece more. I said I wanted to cancel the order I asked when my money would be refunded because they had charged my card the day of the order. The reply was that they only give refunds on Thursdays and they can only refund a certain amount each thursday. I called a few times and was given the "U will be refunded next thursday routine" All in all it took over a month to get my refund and a week just for them to call me and say "oh we dont have the size you want". If you are thinking of using them verify that they have the size that you want in Stock unless you want your money sitting in their account until they want to give it back. They were polite and not jerks but taking over a month to refund a $1,600+ purchase make me .
Old 03-28-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

sucks for you man... i'm still waiting over two and half weeks for my tires but a good month and bank wad of cash seems a bit more worse... you will get your setup be pacient, hope you don't have any bad karma
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
hope you don't have any bad karma
I dont. They were polite (which is much better than dealing with *********) but that doesn't put the money back in your hands. I was just baffled/iritated that it took over a week to call me and tell me they didnt have the size I wanted for the Front. U would think they would have known that from the start.

I was going to get new wheels cause I wanted new tires and a package deal is usually the cheapest way to go. After all this I think I am just gonna stick with the Polished Z06's
Old 03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up. Just out of curiosity, what wheels/tires did you order from them?
Old 03-28-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

RPM Wheels R-505 Chrome. I wanted 18 X 9 for the back (largest width they make in 18's I was gonna put a 275 drag radial on back) and 18 x 8's up front. They look just like HP Evo's but are chrome and dont have the fake rivets.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered my ZR-1 wheels from them and it took them about 5 weeks to ship the wheels - including the delay of wrong wheels delivered. However, I also must say they were very polite and willing to assist with the problem. I just wish there were no hick-ups with the process. At least the wheels I recieved
were top quality, or I would have been really angry.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Goodness. When I ordered my wheels and tires, my tires arrived in two business days, and my wheels in three. I wouldn't have put up with that delay either.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikerulzu
Goodness. When I ordered my wheels and tires, my tires arrived in two business days, and my wheels in three. I wouldn't have put up with that delay either.
I am guessing you didnt order from Lakeshore then. They were very nice on the phone so I figured I would give them a certain amount of time til I went nuts, which I didnt have to do. But still, service speaks more than words. I usually from order all my stuff from discount tire direct but I didnt see they carried the wheels I was trying to get. Discount tire ships that stuff out so quick and never misses a beat. I thought I'd try going through Lakeshore since they claimed to have the wheels and at a great price. I wasn't expecting such poor service. It doesnt appear to have been just me with a slightly bad transaction with them.

Last edited by 98Blubrd; 03-28-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

i ordered wheels from them the other day and hadnt heard anything for them. when i called them today they said they where on back order for at least 4 weeks so i cancelled the order.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1st off, your car is gorgeous. The z06's are perfect on your car, and that blue is

If I were you, I'd spend the dough elsewhere.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
1st off, your car is gorgeous. The z06's are perfect on your car, and that blue is
Thanks for the comp. I really like chrome over polished, thats the main reason I wanted to change. After the hastle I just went through I just dont think its worth it now.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Damn... I ordered my rims from Tomz and tires from "somewhere else"......the rims arrived 4 days after ordering..and the tires arrived the fifth day.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Regular

I didn't go through them, and I surely never will now.

Surprisingly, the guys at my local Americas Tire Co (discount tire direct) are awesome. I went there to get my tires mounted and balanced, and I may actually sell my 18x9.5 black z06 in favor of some Privat Profils through them since they quoted me an awesome price.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got ZO6's from them with Fuzions off an eBay auction. It took about 2.5 weeks. I wasn't happy with it at the time because the auction was a "buy it now" and the excuse I was given was that "they needed to get the tires and mount them up".

So it seems pretty likely to me, that they are a drop ship / middle man type of operation, and don't carry inventory of what they have for sale.

I've had no problems since, and I think my wheels are nice enough for knock-offs. But anytime a vendor sells things they don't have in inventory, these types of problems are going to happen here and there.

Moving forward I'd buy from them again, but it would have to be a very good deal, and it'd have to be something I didn't need right away.

I was in a rush. Now that I've had a lot more time to look around, I'm really thinking I would've been better off getting 35th wheels from GMpartsdirect, or from TomZ. People seem really happy with Tom and there are some great deals, for sure.

I actually would have went with Tom but I wanted a full mounted/balanced set and didn't like the Tires he had to offer.