Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks
View Poll Results: Stay with current combo or new one?
Black powdercoated 19x12 with narrowed rear?
50.00%
Stay with the chrome iforged (current combo in sig.)
50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions needed(iforged)? POLL

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions needed(iforged)? POLL

Right now I have 18x10.5 and 18x9.5 3pc chrome iforged areos on my black 02 SS. While my car is down, I am thinking about norrowing my 12bolt, and put iforged areos powder coated black. The size I want to go with is 19x12 rear and 19x9.5 or 19x10 fronts. The reason I want to step up to 19's is because a black wheel in the same size as chrome gives the illusion of looking smaller. I think the 19's in black will not look to big IMO. I would have to sell my 18" iforged areos I have now. What you guys think.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my plan.

I'm not looking to go as big as 19x12 though. I think you'll have some serious problems with the inner fender with a wheel/tire that big.

I want to narrow the rear an inch on each side. Sell my iForged Senekas, and buy another set. 18x11 Senekas w/ black centers and a 4 inch lip. And some 19x10s in chrome.

I've been waiting to decide on a rear end. As the current ride height of my car, won't allow me to go 9".
Old 04-02-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will do wolfe mini tubs, my interior is aready out of my car. Plus my best friend owns a body shop so he could do the mini tubs no problem. I just dont how much i could get $$ for my 18" inch iforged, they only have maybe 3k miles on them.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

I maybe interested in buying your iForged wheels, if they are in good shape and all (need pictures)
I have been pondering between buying some 2 piece racing series iForged 18x10s R and 17x10s F or going with a set of CCWs (John wanted to sell me 19x11s and 18x10s though and I really wanted nothing bigger than 18"s)

send me a pm, if interested

and did you have to do any mods to run the 18x10.5"s, I am lowered on Eibachs

also I am in Dallas, can you say Road Trip?

Last edited by kny3twalker; 04-03-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

anybody else?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

I would be VERY interested in your wheels if you sell them...very interested.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ill give you $1000 for your Aeros, give me your email address so I can paypal you.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Notice a distinction here?

The problem with painting a wheel black is that from 10 feet away you really have to focus to see what kind've wheel it is. IMHO, it would be a waste to spend the kind've money that Iforged Aero's cost only to have a good amount of people not even be able to tell what wheel you've got because they can't see it. Black chrome is the solution. Best of both worlds. You get the badass effect while still keeping the wheel's design visible. You can achieve the look of the black chrome on the 2nd ZR1 wheel pictured by using the tinted clearcoat kit found here:

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/kits_2/C4C_Black.htm

You wouldn't necessarily need to get the wheels chromed to get this effect either, since Iforged does such a stellar job polishing their wheels.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
Ill give you $1000 for your Aeros, give me your email address so I can paypal you.
Yea I bet you would

thesoundandthefury my current iforged wheels are already chrome.

kny3twalker no i did not have to do any mods. at all for the wheels to fit, my car is lowered with hotchkis springs.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SMDLS1
thesoundandthefury my current iforged wheels are already chrome.
Don't understand what the argument is as I was simply responding to this statement from your original post:
The reason I want to step up to 19's is because a black wheel in the same size as chrome gives the illusion of looking smaller.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

kny3twalker no i did not have to do any mods. at all for the wheels to fit, my car is lowered with hotchkis springs.
thank you,
can you tell me your offsets, backspacing, and size of lip? or maybe what would be good in my situation?
I am really lost on this, and I am planning to do the 10"s (18s in the rear and 17s in the front) all around unless something else comes through

concept

OR

evolve

The problem with painting a wheel black is that from 10 feet away you really have to focus to see what kind've wheel it is. IMHO, it would be a waste to spend the kind've money that Iforged Aero's cost only to have a good amount of people not even be able to tell what wheel you've got because they can't see it. Black chrome is the solution. Best of both worlds. You get the badass effect while still keeping the wheel's design visible. You can achieve the look of the black chrome on the 2nd ZR1 wheel pictured by using the tinted clearcoat kit found here:
have you seen the iForged Hyperblack?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

All you have to do is call iforged and they will set you up with the right offsets. If you look on iforged website, and look at showroom and customer cars, you willl see hyperblack. Hyperblack just looks like flat black, not shiny powdercoated black.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:35 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

All you have to do is call iforged and they will set you up with the right offsets. If you look on iforged website, and look at showroom and customer cars, you willl see hyperblack. Hyperblack just looks like flat black, not shiny powdercoated black.
Ditto.

Vince at iForged will take care of the fitments for your car/setup. You're looking at approx. 3" of lip out back, 2.5/2.75" ish in the front. IMO there's no reason not to go 18" all the way around.

I run 18x10s out back, 18x9s up front. I run Michelin Pilot Sports 275/35/18s up front, 295/35/18s out back. No rubbing at stock height... I'm lowered well over 2" now, so I have to roll my rear quarter panels to run thse this season.
Which is the standard for these cars, with this size rear tire.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Vince at iForged will take care of the fitments for your car/setup. You're looking at approx. 3" of lip out back, 2.5/2.75" ish in the front. IMO there's no reason not to go 18" all the way around.
I thought about 18"s all around, but with the two piece its either 8" or 10" in the racing series, not sure but I think the Formula Series is either out of my price range and it could be 18"s all around will be as well.....

I really think I will be happy with a 17" and 18" combo, afterall I was rolling on the stock 16x8 chromes. But I will ask Vince if he can do a 18x9 on the front?

I run 18x10s out back, 18x9s up front. I run Michelin Pilot Sports 275/35/18s up front, 295/35/18s out back. No rubbing at stock height... I'm lowered well over 2" now, so I have to roll my rear quarter panels to run thse this season.
I am lowered, I think, an inch and a quarter on Eibach Springs. Do you think I can find an offset without rolling my fender lip?

I got a quote from Vince, he seems to be the person to talk to.
And as far as color, my car is a daily driver, rain or shine; I am thinking painted maybe the better option here than polished. Are the colors powdercoated or paint? And suggestions on what color? My Formula is white.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Black wheels or riveted wheels do look smaller, so what you're saying makes sense.

So its really just a matter of taste. Do you want to stay chrome or go black? I dont usually care for black wheels, but sometimes they can look great depending on the car.

Personally Id keep the chrome 18"s... but do whatever you feel like will set your car off the best and within your theme
Old 04-05-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

opinion.................. get 19s and sell me those 18s