Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about buying tires online.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about buying tires online.

I'm ordering the Goodyear F1 GS-D3's from tirerack.com. How can they sell them to me cheaper than a Goodyear can? That also includes shipping, they are still about $70 per tire cheaper. Are these going to be fake goodyears or do they sell defect tires, or should i stop wondering and just be glad to get a good deal.

I guess what I'm asking is what kind of luck have people been having getting good tires from online dealers? Thanks
Old 04-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...egory_rn=36691
Old 04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98LS-WON
I'm ordering the Goodyear F1 GS-D3's from tirerack.com. How can they sell them to me cheaper than a Goodyear can? That also includes shipping, they are still about $70 per tire cheaper. Are these going to be fake goodyears or do they sell defect tires, or should i stop wondering and just be glad to get a good deal.

I guess what I'm asking is what kind of luck have people been having getting good tires from online dealers? Thanks
Don't know how they do it, but they do. They are real genuine Goodyears (or whatever other brand you might buy)
I've bought my tires online and from print ads ever since I had my IROC with the 245 gatorbacks (1987), and have never had a problem, I see no reason to spend $2-300/tire locally when I can get them for alot less by either picking up the phone, or buying them off the net
Hell I even got my 68 yo mother to buy tires online instead of getting ripped by the local tire shop
Old 04-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

I got the same tires in 275/40/17 online for $56 less each than a tire chain would see them to me (and that's no tax vs. before tax, too ).

Great tires, I love 'em.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Thanks for all of the replies. I guess I'll go ahead and order them.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can do it online cheaper because they have less overhead. Tirerack.com doesn't have a storefront. They run their business online and ship inventory out of large warehouses in areas that keep operating costs down. Storefronts require much more in the way of upkeep costs, and they have to cover those costs in the tire prices. The online stores also just plain push more inventory, and selling in bulk allows them to cut costs down as well.

You're getting the exact same tire from Tirerack as you would from any storefront. Don't hesitate for a moment to order tires from Tirerack.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

TireRack is great. I have been using them for about 4 years now. Best prices period. I have even started ordering other parts from them such as brake pads and rotors.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Tough Mudder

We've got a tirerack here in Shreveport. I have to pay tax, but not shipping. Plus I have to pay a $3 Louisiana Tire Fee. WTF? Still a great deal.