Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

should I heat up my fuzion ZRi's

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I heat up my fuzion ZRi's

hey guys my best 60' is a 2.18. I'm going to get some lca's pretty soon but I was just wondering about the tire that I have on the car now. I've tried droping the pressure from 30 to 26 and my 60 got worse. I've done short burnouts but it seemed to be worse than just a short dry hop. Should I try really heating them up?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:32 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heating street tires usually just makes them greasy, and dropping tire pressure cups the tread. All you need to do is clean them with a short tire spin, and run maybe a few lbs. less than you would on the street.

They aren't slicks, don't treat them like they are.

Last edited by TS6; 04-18-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

I know there not slicks and I haven't treated them that way. I've just heard of some street tires doing better with a good burnout. I wanted to know if anyone had that result with the fuzions rather than abusing my tires or my paint job for a bad result. Buy the way I've "run maybe a few lbs. less than you would on the street" with bad results. If you would have paid attention to my post you would have known that. So please just comments on how to run the fuzion ZRi's.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TS6
Heating street tires usually just makes them greasy, and dropping tire pressure cups the tread. All you need to do is cleam them with a short tire spin, and run maybe a few lbs. less than you would on the street.

They aren't slicks, don't treat them like they are.
Quoted for truth.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Teching In

I have the exact same tires and my best 60ft was 1.9. Running at 31psi and no burn out, just a quick spin to clean up the tires.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply loc944 do you have any suspension mods
Old 04-15-2006, 01:18 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dajodsterman
I know there not slicks and I haven't treated them that way. I've just heard of some street tires doing better with a good burnout. I wanted to know if anyone had that result with the fuzions rather than abusing my tires or my paint job for a bad result. Buy the way I've "run maybe a few lbs. less than you would on the street" with bad results. If you would have paid attention to my post you would have known that. So please just comments on how to run the fuzion ZRi's.

Keep being a dick, I was just trying to help. I read your post, I was just typing out what is considered the best procedure by many with alot more experience than you.

BTW, I don't give a **** about your Fuzion ZRi's, or any other non drag radial street tire, if you think one of them hooks better than the other than your car is slow, period. Track prep plays more of a role than what tires you run (when you run non drag tires especially).
Old 04-15-2006, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Old 04-15-2006, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

hey guys my best 60' is a 2.18. I'm going to get some lca's pretty soon but I was just wondering about the tire that I have on the car now. I've tried droping the pressure from 30 to 26 and my 60 got worse. I've done short burnouts but it seemed to be worse than just a short dry hop. Should I try really heating them up?

Back when I had my '99 Z28, I had a set of 275/40r17 and ran high 1.9's on my fuzions.....and I would just drive through the box and spin them just enough to get the water off them...

.....also, I ran the standard 30 psi @ the track and on the street....
Old 04-15-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

wow I hope you don't treat everyone who tries to help you like this....

for the record a 1psi step is how much most people change when dialing in different pressures, you said you jumped 4psi which is a pretty big jump for "testing"... I think he was suggesting trying a smaller change...
Old 04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

I'm sorry if anyone has been offended by me. ts6's comment seemed very aggresive to me so I responded that way. I assume now that he was truly trying to help me and then got offended by me. I will better try to understand the tone of the comments or advice being made or given. For the record a few pounds is more than 1psi in my IMO so I don't feel like he was telling me to try it in smaller changes. Also I did step it down in smaller increments to a total of 4psi. I should have made myself more clear on that. I'd also just like to say that I bought the car with those tires so that's what I have to work with until I have the money to buy some dr's and a couple more rims.

Thanks to loco944 and murphy80 for the good advice on the fuzions. Also thanks to ls1tech and its members. This site has shed alot of light for me on these cars and performance in general since I found this forum. I accept constructive critisim but sometimes it does seem when you ask a question some people (that consider it general knowledge for them) tend to treat you as if you were stupid or with a lack of respect.