Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Painting Stock Wheels Black...

Old 04-21-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Painting Stock Wheels Black...

I'm thinking about painting my stock wheels black next weekend. I think it would look good with the SOM color. But I was curious, should I paint the whole wheel black; or should I paint the wheel, and leave the lip the stock color. I'm only looking for opinions because I havn't seen both types of patterns I'm talking about side by side. If anyone has pics of either, please post up. Thanks...
Old 04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If they are the 5 spokes that flare off and look like 10 spokes then just paint everything but the lip it would look sweet like that, I have the 10 spoke SS wheels and painted them black and left alot of the silver and its on that same color. Looks badass in my opinion.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RS_SS69
If they are the 5 spokes that flare off and look like 10 spokes then just paint everything but the lip it would look sweet like that, I have the 10 spoke SS wheels and painted them black and left alot of the silver and its on that same color. Looks badass in my opinion.
I like the look too. I still want too see what it looks like with the whole wheel painted though. I just want a sleek 2 tone scheme from the side. SOM, and Black... It would still look good without the lip painted, but I'm just curious about the whole wheel.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree that you should leave the lip stock color. Most wheels, even stock... turn out pretty nice painted like that. Post up if you end up doing, can't hurt anything right?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree, leave the lip un-painted. Thats how I did mine.

on the car:
Old 04-21-2006, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

well sinceyou hvae a Z28 its the Stock snowflakes you are painting. I painted mine anthracite and left just the lip stock silver. I had all black wheels on my old white camaro and it was too much. Lookes a lot better with at least a small silver lip on the rims imo.

http://home.comcast.net/~sixvi6-camaro/da_z_10.JPG

Search this Thread