Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best Polish and Wax

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Best Polish and Wax

Now that I ordered my Boyd Smoothie 2's, I need to buy some good polish and wax. What do u guys recommend I use? I'm buying a Mothers Powerball after reading some positive reviews on it. This is my first set of polished wheels, so I wanna keep them nice and shiny!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got myself a powerball and tried the Mother's Powermetal Aluminum polish. I put on a couple coats onto a very beat set of draglites and they didn't come out half bad. There wasn't even a reflection in these wheels when I started, and now they actually shine. I'm sure there are some more expensive polishes out there, but I thought the Powermetal Aluminum did a good job for what it is.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best advice is to stay on top of cleaning. Dont let them get really bad and simple polishing with the powerball will keep them lookinf great. After polishing I usually put a coat of wax on the wheels to protect them. And it seems to help in the long run.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll definately keep on top of cleaning. My car never see's rain so keeping them clean shouldn't be too bad. I'm thinking bout using either Mother's PowerMetal or their billet polish.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys put wax on chrome wheels? I was about to ask about that. What wax is good for chrome?