Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Questions about Hoosier QTP's

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Questions about Hoosier QTP's

Due to my traction issues, new tires are a necessity. I haven't given up on the DR's (325-50 MT's) at the track. Just need to play with them some more and run in lanes that aren't tore up.
The street however is another story .

I'm leaning towards a set of hoosier qtp's 28 x 11.5 or 28 x 13.5 (for the DOT approval). Thats if there's room for "tire growth" front and back in my well.

Any disadvantage vs a full slick?

What's the normal growth of the radius on the big end?
1/2", 3/4", 1", or more?

I also don't know if I want to run tubes in them or not.

The determining factor is how bad they leak air. I know my 17" et streets (bias ply not DR's) would lose a few lbs every few days.

If it's excessive I'll just tube them. If only minor I'll leave them alone and it'll save me a couple $$. I check my pressure just about everytime out anyway. It just gets annoying when you have to put air in every time or you come out to a flat after a week of sitting.

Anyone with info on these?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 28x10.5 Hoosier slicks (full-on drag slicks) and theres not much room at all for tire growth. I actually cut out the front portion of the rear fender because it rubs when turning, and also to be safe. I was getting a lot of growth and rubbing on the front of the fender at the big end, but now the tire is perfectly center in the wheel well and everything seems ot be good. I believe a 10.5 is the largest you can run with a 28" without having to do some modifications, but I could be wrong.

As far as tubes, mine are still tubeless and dont lose any air.

Quick Reply: Questions about Hoosier QTP's