Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Is anyone running this combo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone running this combo?

Ordered ZR1's in 9.5 / 11 combo from TomzWheels today. After much thought I had decided to go with the 36/38 offset. Apparently OE Wheels has discontinued that offset in the front, so Tom suggested going with 9.5" +56 offset in the front and 11" +36 offset in the rear. Is anyone running this combo? I'm thinking it will look good and really make the 11's look that much fatter. Opinions? Pics? Any reason to not do this combo? Let me know what you think.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You certainly won't have any problems rubbing the inner fender well with that offset, but it pretty much makes rolling the fender lips a must. I have the 50mm offset on mine, and my passenger side rear tire got cut up pretty good from the occasional unforseen bump in the road. I finally got a panhard bar and all seems well now. But with that 36mm offset the tire will be even closer to the edge of the car, and I just know you will have some slicing and dicing going on...unless you go with Nittos...since they are a small tire for their numerical size...you might just be fine with them.....it all depends on the car too, you have TA...so you might have more room to work with than I do with my Z28.

Either way, you'll love the look!

Manny
Old 07-08-2006, 06:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Fikse' FM5's are 38mm offset, 9.5" and I had to roll both fenders with Nittos on, FWIW.