Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

sticky tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky tires

hey my tires r bald, and i need sum sticky ones but that are plenty streetable cuz i drive a lot with the car. but heres the deal, i can get a hefty discount (50-60% off) on only certain brands of tires. those being: bfg, m/t, cooper, general, yokos, and sum other off brands. however, i really like nittos, the 555's in particular, but i dont get a discount on em. i was thinkin about gettin sum 255/50/16 m/t et street radials but im afraid they might lean too close to strip as opposed to street seeing as i do hit the highway quiet often. i just would hate to pass this discount up tho.

let me no what ya think? any advice would be great. i got a z so i got the 16" stockers.

appreciate it
Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 AM

no m/t's for a daily driver i have had a hell of a time in the rain with them
Old 07-30-2006, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

what bout bfg? any word on them? i like the g-force kdw, has anyone had experience with them
Old 07-31-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Regular

I highly recomend the BFG tires. The KDW is a good one to stick with if you dont hit the track often. If you want the best tire for traction, get the BFG drag radial. You can limp around in the rain a bit, and they wear decently. Ive seen a few get 5-7000mi on them and are still using them. From my own experience they hook the best at the track when the tread is all gone.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MaxxMitchell
I highly recomend the BFG tires. The KDW is a good one to stick with if you dont hit the track often. If you want the best tire for traction, get the BFG drag radial. You can limp around in the rain a bit, and they wear decently. Ive seen a few get 5-7000mi on them and are still using them. From my own experience they hook the best at the track when the tread is all gone.
really? yea well i have always been a bfg guy, i like them that is. there was only one horror story tat steered me away. i guy i know with a cobra had them and they fell apart on him, by that i mean they shed like an animal. he called the guy he got them from and he said they were supposed to for the first couple weeks. but i dunno it looked pretrty bad, there were sum big chunks of rubber comin off those things.

good to hear sum positive feedback on those tho.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

i have the KDW2's on my trans am and the 60 ft. in the sig is with them. grrat tire and will last a long *** time

steve
Old 08-01-2006, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

on other tire sites i see great feedback for the bfg t/a drag radial 2. everyone has said theat they hook awesome all the time. also, i hear positive fedback from the bfg kdw 2 as well. im looking into both of those now so if i get them both they will match.