Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Tires Installed on the Hawk!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Tires Installed on the Hawk!

Purchased (4) Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires 275/40/17 for my 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Firehawk Trans Am and had them installed.
Car drives very different. Amazing wet and dry traction; fimer ride; quieter ride; great handling; appear higher and not as wide from the ground level rear angle than what the Firestone's were.
So far, no complaints at all. Got an amazing deal on them with no shipping and had them professionally installed by my wheel mechanic.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

those are the best tires you can get from michelin besides the sport cup (drag radial). michelin tires are made for handling, not really for drag racing. i work at costco and we carry michelin. the only thing i dont like is the price, i burn up tires so im not really willing to pay alot unless they are drag radial or if i went autocross then i would spend the money on the michelins.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

I know this is the internet and people say whatever, but I'm a very honest person FWIW.
I shopped around and paid $258 each with no shipping at Sears. Costco wanted $301 installed per tire; Tire Rack was $278 plus shipping etc.
Considering these tires are OEM on some of the fastest cars in the world (Audi, BWM, Porsche etc.), I was happy to buy them. I think they will be very, very good tires for years to come.
I've only had 2 sets of Firestone Firehawk SZ50's (OEM tires) since I bought the car brand new 5 years ago. I loved them, but they are out of production.
After doing much comparison shopping, nothing seemed to beat these.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

well you got a deal, not bad at all. yes they are the best tire out there. but like i said they werent designed for drag racing, they are inspired by Formula one racing, which is all about handling.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Tires Installed on the Hawk!