Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Launching with ET STreets and a 4400 stall?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Launching with ET STreets and a 4400 stall?

I will be getting out to the track in the next 2 weeks to get some times. I was wondering the best way to warm up/launch with a 4400 stall, stock 2.73s, bolt ons and ET Streets. Do I need to burnout in the water box or should I just go up to the tree and wait for the lights? They still hook up GREAT on the street, I have barely any spin even with the high stall. I have taken a couple hundred pounds out and am hoping to see lowwww 12s. Let me know guys, thanks.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think launching your car will be much different than my car when it was cam only.

I think I may have talked with you about this before...so sorry if this is old news.

Are they the 17" tubeless et streets? Or tube type 16"s?

If theyre 17s I'd start at 20 psi and see what it does. If theyre 16s I'd probably start at 18 psi and go down from there depending on how they're hooking.

Select gear 2...Go thru the water, blip the throttle rolling the tires over. Pull forward, shifter in 2nd, do your burnout...first run do it for a good 8-10 seconds to get them nice and hot (won't need more than 4 or 5 second burnouts the rest of the night). Pull the shifter down to 1, stage, try launching at different RPMs between 1500rpm and as high as the brakes will hold, as you're launching bump the shifter up to 'D'. If you forget to shift and you have a shiftkit in your car you will hit the limiter. Did that quite a bit because if youre blowing the tires off it'll rev damn fast
I have tried leaving it in 'D', manually shifting it where it's 'supposed' to shift, etc. This method has given the best results. If you don't have a shiftkit, just put it in 'D' and mash the gas.
Don't be discouraged if you don't run what you're hoping to. It's freaking HOT out around here. I picked up a little over 3 tenths from July to October last year (90 degrees to 50 degrees). Good luck and let me know what it does!