Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help choosing wheel widths

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Help choosing wheel widths

So I read the sticky above on common wheel widths and I am starting to better understand offset. My car is lowered using LG G2's so I am hesitant to go with real wide wheels on the rear as I do not want to roll my fenders or use the BFH mod. Below is what I am thinking about buying so please help me out with any advice or options that could help my decision.

The style of wheel I want to buy is IForged Seneka, Concept, or Evolve or CCW's 505A. I really like the split 5 spoke but the Seneka looks good on TA's as well. I would really really like to do HRE or Fikse style Seneka but I dont think the cash will be there for me.

I want to go wider with a larger diameter than stock so I want to do 18's all the way around for sure and I think 10" wide on the rear would be best and hopefully I could avoid the BFH and rolling the fenders. I like the idea of running 10" wide with a 42mm offset, this should give me enough tire and body clearance I think? What size tire would be best so it doesn't bulge to much or look stretched, maybe 295 or 305? The lip should still be pretty decent right, maybe 2.5-3"?

The real problem with the Concept, Evolve, and 505A comes in at the front wheel. The Concept and Evolve is only offered in 8" wide and the 505A 8.5" wide. I think stock width is 9" right? On the front I wanted to stay as close to stock width as possible so I could use stock offset and tire width (275). Please give me any suggestions on this situation!

Everyone give me your opinions and suggestions. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TTT. All you wheel experts have to have something to say? I thought for sure this would get some responses since it isn't a question that is asked a thousand time like "need pics of wheel X on car Y".
Old 09-08-2006, 01:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tell my customers, first pick the tire that you want to run...wheel widths are secondary. The width of the wheel has little to do with fitment in the fender. The major contributing factor is backspace and tire size. If you're able to stuff one size tire on the car that you normally couldn't fit, the wheel must be too small sacrificing performance as well as safety.

Good luck.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So do most of you think 305 or larger would be to much tire for a car lowered with G2's. Should I go with a 295 to be on the safe side?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

315s on 17x11 ZR1s with G2 springs here. Didn't have to touch a thing to fit them.